Talk

Advanced search

to want to go all screechy at my husband?

(11 Posts)
FearfulYank Sun 16-Oct-11 15:04:48

DH was supposed to get the furnace sorted. He did not, so we can't turn it on yet.

This morning it's 35 F, which I think is 2 or so your temp?

It's cold . WIBU to warm myself by shouting at him and gesturing wildly?

<stalks off to put on another pair of socks>

Thanks for letting my have a whine! smile

FearfulYank Sun 16-Oct-11 15:04:59

Me even.

scarevola Sun 16-Oct-11 15:08:15

To want to is totally normal.

Whether or not to do it will depend on whether it'll actually spur him to action or make things worse - both in terms of getting this job done and in how he will react to further maintenance requests.

I think I'd be tempted to snuggle on the sofa (alone!) under a blanket and with a hot water bottle, make sad puppy dog eyes and keep saying how I was feeling the cold.

PandorasSocks Sun 16-Oct-11 15:08:17

YANBU

Shout and gesture UNTIL he gets the furnace sorted. You will be warm and he will learn a valuable lesson smile

TalcAndTurnips Sun 16-Oct-11 15:09:31

You Are Not Being Unreasonable because shrieking, jumping around, gesticulating, ranting and being incandesceny with fury will keep you much warmer.

Seething quietly in frustration just won't do the trick. Have you considered toasting him slowly over an open fire?

TalcAndTurnips Sun 16-Oct-11 15:10:41

Incandescent. I cannot see my keyboard clearly as I am too vain to put my new reading glasses on.

FearfulYank Sun 16-Oct-11 15:20:38

Apparently my brother needs to check it over or something. hmm

I would love nothing more than to snuggle up but DS is insisting I interact with him. Demanding child!

OldGreyWassailTest Sun 16-Oct-11 15:32:36

Simply sort it by: withholding ALL nourishment, sexual favours, washing and ironing etc. until he has sorted it. Men take no notice until it affects them directly!

Trills Sun 16-Oct-11 15:43:25

YABU to go screechy

YANBU to wrap up in as many blankets as possible and insit that you must be brought warm drinks and cannot move until he sorts out the heat.

ShriekingLisa Sun 16-Oct-11 16:39:00

Your in America then? Where abouts?

FearfulYank Sun 16-Oct-11 16:43:07

Minnesota. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now