Talk

Advanced search

to be sick of books...

(7 Posts)
SaffronCake Sun 16-Oct-11 14:17:54

I never thought I'd say this but I am sick to the back teeth of books.

DD is 12 months (first birthday just gone). She uses sign and can sign "book". She can also sign plenty of other things like "teddy" and "ball" but she likes books. Nothing wrong with liking books. I bought the books, I wanted her to like them, and she does...

But... I've read 13 books since 11am. She gets back off the sofa again and gets me another one! She did bring me a maracas/rattle thing, but that wasn't as fun, she soon started signing book again and clambered back down to fetch another.

AIBU at this point to start hating the books and wish she'd play with something else? Is it fair enough if I whisk her off upstairs to play with teddies or should I man-up and keep reading?

Before anyone asks, I'm on the sofa because I'm 39+ weeks pregnant, have SPD and Braxton Hicks, so am staying still when I can. OH is at work until 7ish unless I go into labour first.

TanteRose Sun 16-Oct-11 14:20:30

turn the TV on...grin

manicbmc Sun 16-Oct-11 14:21:41

This is what Cbeebies was invented for. grin

Magneto Sun 16-Oct-11 14:21:47

Aww grin ds passes me a particular book all day long and I don't even need to read it anymore because I know it by heart!

He won't sit on my lap though, he carries on playing while I read like some sort of personal radio service hmm

ScaredBear Sun 16-Oct-11 14:23:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

edam Sun 16-Oct-11 14:24:06

Someone once said you spend the first couple of years encouraging them to walk and talk, and the next 16 telling them to sit down and shut up...

Don't blame you for being exasperated, 39 weeks and SPD would do that to anyone without the endless requests for books. You need to find something to divert her attention - Cbeebies sounds like an excellent idea!

Your dd sounds extremely cute, btw. smile

SaffronCake Sun 16-Oct-11 14:26:52

She's just brought me the Usborne Spotters Guide to The Night Sky

Are we sitting comfortably?

"The universe is the name given to the collection of all things that exist in space. It is made up of millions of stars, planets and vast clouds of gas..."

confused

Bathtime then CBeebies!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now