Talk

Advanced search

To not want Michelle Collins in Corrie

(20 Posts)
said Sun 16-Oct-11 12:11:49

I can't bear her stupid "Northern" accent. She belongs in Eastenders. "Go away, you're ruining Corrie for me."

MorelliOrRanger Sun 16-Oct-11 12:43:08

YABU to watch any soap wink

said Sun 16-Oct-11 12:45:59

Well, I don't watch Eastenders, hence why I want her dumped back in there. Corrie rocks (or did)

vanillaskinnylatte Sun 16-Oct-11 13:05:27

YANBU everytime she opens her mouth I cringe!

Arachnophobic Sun 16-Oct-11 13:18:44

Is the accent that bad? I am a southerner but I studied in the north and I thought it sounded authentic?

momnipotent Sun 16-Oct-11 13:20:05

Her voice in general has a whiny quality to it that sets my teeth on edge.

Fuzzywuzzywozabear Sun 16-Oct-11 13:34:04

Now I'm used to her, I don't notice her accent anymore

I like her, YABU

squeakytoy Sun 16-Oct-11 14:12:00

I never really wathed her when she was in Eastenders, and I am from Bolton originally, although live down South, and her accent isnt that bad really.

Local accents up there can vary greatly from one town to another, take Bury and Rawtenstall, they are barely 5 miles apart but the accent is very noticeably different, if you listen to Hayley in Corrie, and it is the same as Jayne Horrocks too, it is very distinctive to that part of the area.

Toobluntforboss Sun 16-Oct-11 14:14:54

I don't like the accent but do like her in it, so yes YABUgrin

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe Sun 16-Oct-11 15:27:00

YANBU... when I first heard Michelle Collins was going in, I mistook for for the excellent Michelle Holmes (who would have been fab). It was a heck of a shock seeing Michelle Collins limping along in the role. She can't act, never could, and she's at a disadvantage standing against the stalwart cast members of Corrie who really do know their art.

SucksToBeMe Sun 16-Oct-11 15:33:16

I have not warmed to her yet, i'm sure I will. She doesn't get great lines either.

Shame Bet died :-(

picnicbasketcase Sun 16-Oct-11 15:35:32

Corrie is a load of bullplop anyway, as are all soaps. I wouldn't worry, I daresay there'll be a helicopter landing on the pants factory / rockfall on the pub / train through someone's living room or whatever in a few weeks and she'll be killed off.

DramaInPyjamas Sun 16-Oct-11 15:43:00

LyingWitch.. Michelle Holmes has already been in Corrie, a few years ago, I think.

YANBU, I'm getting fed up of Corrie atm.

GuillotinedMaryLacey Sun 16-Oct-11 15:57:53

I love Michelle Holmes too, haven't seen her for ages.

I couldn't stand MC in anything else, but don't mind her in Corrie. Although I despise the character for spawning that God awful self-centred Leanne.

LineRunner Sun 16-Oct-11 16:04:47

Sometimes she manages the accent OK, and sometimes she loses it.

She's not actually a very good actor to start with, I suppose. And I agree that her lines seem to be the worst written - so either she's an even shitter actor than even I think, or the writers really dislike her, too!

luvviemum Sun 16-Oct-11 16:11:40

I think Michelle Collins is fabulous - I love watching her. Her accent has improved but aside from anything else, she's a brilliant actress imo. She has a certain star quality like Joan Collins but I'd like to see her become more of a bitch in her role as Stella.
She's not been given the best lines yet - I hope she get meatier and better lines soon x

squeakytoy Sun 16-Oct-11 16:11:41

Michelle Holmes was in Corrie for quite a while, as Tina (I think), one of the barmaids. I loved her in Rita Sue and Bob Too... one of my all time fave films from the 80's.

OneNerveAndYouAreOnIt Sun 16-Oct-11 16:19:14

she is dreadful, really awful

ShriekingLisa Sun 16-Oct-11 16:27:02

for the first week she sounded weird but now got used to it and cant picture her in EE no more.

said Sun 16-Oct-11 16:33:45

Well, I concur with the crappiness pf her acting in general and I think I just don't like her (based on nothing, of course). I thought she was going to be killed off a few months ago when she had the accident, but, no, she survived it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now