Talk

Advanced search

To want to say STFU

(25 Posts)
ShriekingLisa Sun 16-Oct-11 00:08:00

Facebook related.

My cousin is getting married in december (wedding of the year apparently)
I have already posted about this before. FTR i decided that i wasnt going and i told cousin this, shes getting married the Sat before Christmas and its just too expensive for us, we want to go see MIL in scotland (plans have changed as she moving now but were still seeing her and cant afford to do both so close to christmas) so told cousin that we wouldnt be attending the 'no children allowed' wedding at a posh plush hotel in Chester a week before my childrens christening in September. They never came to the christening, even though they said they were coming. They went for a meal instead.
(this included her mum, dad, sister, BIL and cousins Fiance, i was angry that they didnt turn up even though they came over to the area for this occasion)

Last week was my 6th anniversary with DH (yes im sad and i posted that it was my anniversary of the day me and DH met) Instantly cousin turned it round on her about how her and fiance got engaged a year to the day that they met and it will be 2 years to the day that they met when they get married.

EVERY fucking status is about wedding this, wedding that etc etc

Except its pathetic. yesterday her status went like this:

'shouldnt have sat down, as now i dont want to get up and my husband to be in 8 weeks tea wont cook its self'

FFS already we ALL know your getting married, due to the amount of 'wedding this, wedding that, weddings are expensive' etc etc status that she puts on.
How the fuck would she know how expensive her wedding is costing when mummy and daddy are paying for it!!

Sorry for the long post, i am ranting. I cant hide her as my family are always saying 'ooh did you see x, y and zs post etc etc'

Even my DAD has hidden her as he is fed up of the 'wedding of the year' statuses.

Sorry this is long. It wasnt meant to be!!

ShriekingLisa Sun 16-Oct-11 00:10:03

hmm actually reading it back i do sound slightly jealous. But i am in no way jealous. I am happily married, 5 years this year and got married at christmas (like cousin) and in Ivory and Burgandy (like cousin has chosen, even though according to my auntie, cousins mum that Ivory and Burgandy are unknown colours to have at christmas and especially together) hmm
Okaaaay!

worraliberty Sun 16-Oct-11 00:12:14

You both sound as bad as each other and I mean that sincerely.

If you two were children in a playground I'd bang your heads together.

Really, life is quite short and there are some things that are worthy of your thoughts.

This really isn't one of them!

oldqueenie Sun 16-Oct-11 00:12:59

well you do sound a bit... "shrieky".

ShriekingLisa Sun 16-Oct-11 00:13:25

Hmm i understand what your saying but fuck me if you knew her you would change your opinion at the click of a finger!

ShriekingLisa Sun 16-Oct-11 00:13:42

OldQueenie i am shrieky

ShriekingLisa Sun 16-Oct-11 00:14:25

BTW i have donned the hard hat!! I know i am BU but had to get it out as its annoying me!

Snobby cow she is!

ShellyBoobs Sun 16-Oct-11 00:16:33

YABU.

Just tell your family you've binned Facebook because it's a load of banal bollocks.

They can't argue with that, can they?

aldiwhore Sun 16-Oct-11 00:16:38

YABU and YANBU... smile

I love Chrismas and think its a lovely colour scheme if you're into that sort of thing.

She does sound like a wedding bore... but meh, Chester is alright, I live there, there's only one truly posh hotel and because I'm a shallow kinda girl if someone else is paying, I'd attend!! Other the other hand, she's a cousin, not a sister, and if what she's chosen doesn't suit you, well, you just can't go can you? No harm done.

As for her boringness.... you CAN always pretend that you've not been on FB for a while... I do it all the time, and when people say 'but your chat box was up only yesterday' I shrug and say 'really? how odd?' Plead ignorance when you hide her... I firmly believe that pleading ignorance saves so much fall out. Even when everyone knows you're lying through your teeth they can never quite prove it.

worraliberty Sun 16-Oct-11 00:21:58

This is the most telling part....*I cant hide her as my family are always saying 'ooh did you see x, y and zs post etc etc*

Yes you can.

Without having to block her, you can 'hide all updates' by that person.

If anyone asks if you've seen them...you simply answer "No, I missed it"

Problem solved...and then she can get on with being happy about her forthcoming wedding as she has every right to be.

ScaredyDog Sun 16-Oct-11 00:25:57

Just blame the "new" Facebook. I'm missing shitloads of stuff as Facebook is now deciding whose posts are my "top stories".

They clearly think your cousin's wedding whingeing can't be considered a top story, so more than likely, you'll have missed it. Simples.

ShriekingLisa Sun 16-Oct-11 00:26:53

the hotel is 0ddfellows.
(very expensive)

She is a wedding bore, she got to invite 32 before she sent them out as none were 'perfect'

oh do fuck off, its a fucking invitation, and i have to say the way she went on and on about these bleeding invites you'd have thought they were going to be gold plated something special but infact it was a white envelope/card type with stick on fucking snowflake sequenes.
Ours were much better. wink and only cost a £1 for 10! (Poundland, not hobbycraft) wink

It is a lovely colour scheme and when my auntie first mentioned the colour scheme i said 'oh thats what i had' and she said 'oh yes it is but x is getting married at christmas, its a rare colour for christmas' hmm so the fact my wedding anniversary is in December isnt the same huh?

Lastr time auntie came round and started going on about the wedding i turned it into the fantastic parents evening we had for DS, she soon changed the subject adn didnt speak about it. The same happened when she was on the phone the other week.

Do you think they will get the message soon when i start to change the subject all the time!?

ShroudOfHamsters Sun 16-Oct-11 00:27:56

Next time she starts going on about Burgundy ask her if she knew that it was unlucky and apparently 'The Colour of Wedding Doom'? That's why you changed your colour scheme to wine - no it looked like burgundy but it was actually wine.

Tell her someone actually did a study on it and discovered that not one marriage with burgundy in the colour scheme lasted past eight years.

Don't tell her this until the dresses are finished, mind.

ShriekingLisa Sun 16-Oct-11 00:28:47

Actually the last time my auntie mentioned it i did feign ignorance even though i had seen it but couldnt be arsed to talk about it.

Yes she does have every right to be happy about her wedding, i was. But i mean come on, in statuses calling her fiance 'husband to be in 8 weeks' rather than Y. Come on? Serisouly?

I might start referring to billysolloxx DH as my husband of 5 years. grin

ShriekingLisa Sun 16-Oct-11 00:30:55

Oooh shroudofhamsters

sounds good wink

billysolloxx Sun 16-Oct-11 00:35:05

the whole family are bloody snobs! No matter what you have done they have done it bigger and better best to ignore her. Btw hey sexy shriekinglisa ;) put kettle on your getting lazy smile

billysolloxx Sun 16-Oct-11 00:37:39

shroud fantastic idea i love the deviousness lol

Maryz Sun 16-Oct-11 00:38:34

Facebook is the work of the devil.

You need to go along, sit quietly and snigger.

I wouldn't change the subject. I would just get more and more fantastic in your "what if's" and go on and on and on about all the awful things that could go wrong.

Have you any relatives that you could worry (loudly) about drinking too much/stripping/wearing inappropriate clothes/not liking the food/bringing random guests.

Watch the weather forecast with increasing doom and gloom (snow anyone?).

Burgundy is unlucky, so are certain flowers (the ones she mentions of course), and the number of guests, and the number of tables, and the date picked, and the letters jumbled up in the hotel name could make something horrible.

You could have a lot of fun with this grin.

ShriekingLisa Sun 16-Oct-11 00:44:37

oooh i am a gooby cow and my family know it. I might mention next time they go on and on and on and on and on and on about it that 'lets hope everyone can get there first'
Mwahahahahaha!

ShriekingLisa Sun 16-Oct-11 00:45:34

BTW no worries of guest stripping/drinking etc etc as my mother has said shes not going wink

She cant stand the snobby little bitch!

ShriekingLisa Sun 16-Oct-11 00:47:27

Oh and BillySolloxx enjoy your cup of tea sweetheart grin

billysolloxx Sun 16-Oct-11 00:51:55

going down a treat cheers smile

ShriekingLisa Sun 16-Oct-11 00:59:45

grin

Cant actually wait for the conversation about bridesmaids dresses come up grin wink

ilovesooty Sun 16-Oct-11 01:13:06

Just hide her status updates if they annoy you.

Are you really talking via Mumsnet to your husband when you live in the same house?

ShriekingLisa Sun 16-Oct-11 01:26:55

LMAO! oh yeah, only way we communicate! wink

Only joking, we hardly come across each others posts, its only because he was reading it when i posted it haha, im on the other sofa to him wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now