Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to do something about the noise?

(9 Posts)
elisadoeslittle Sat 15-Oct-11 12:41:32

New neighbours next door. They play music all day long and up until about 7 at night (so its not a night time problem) but when they do play the daytime music it is so loud I can hear it over our tv, the wall seems to beat along with the bass, and people on the street look up at the flats because they can hear it. The music system sounds like its distorting because of the volume.

Is this a reasonable amount of noise? (we had very good neighbours before this so we were spoiled perhaps) How do I go about it? I know for sure if I were to knock on the door that there is no way they would hear me over the noise. If I go to the council, can I remain anonymous?

Cassettetapeandpencil Sat 15-Oct-11 12:44:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

KittyFane Sat 15-Oct-11 12:45:09

Don't put up with it but talk to them first- before council.

belledechocchipcookie Sat 15-Oct-11 12:46:24

My neighbour must have moved next to you. sad Keep a diary, it's not on as it's disturbing you.

cece Sat 15-Oct-11 12:47:12

Talk to them and ask for them to turn it down.
If they don't comply then start keeping a diary and contact environmental health

lurkinginthebackground Sat 15-Oct-11 12:47:46

YANBU. Could you go round when the music has stopped and politely say it is too loud?

BeaHellZeBubOnSea Sat 15-Oct-11 12:51:54

You have my sympathies as I have experienced living next door to Club Ibiza in the past - 3 day raves - all day all night sad

However, there is a chance they might not realise how much it is affecting you. They could have the speakers on your adjoining wall which is why you are getting the vibrations.

When DS1 has his music loud in his room - the bass seems louder in the next room for some reason.
Give them a chance to turn it down or move the speakers before reporting them.

Fixture Sat 15-Oct-11 12:52:09

YANBU. I would be really annoyed.

Gingefringe Sat 15-Oct-11 12:58:59

What type of music is it?

I would suggest playing completely different type of music really loudly after say 7.30 in the evening (eg Welsh male voice choir, opera, jazz, brass band - ie something they may hate) so they can see what it's like! You may be able to negotiate with them then.

Failing that, report them to the council.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now