Talk

Advanced search

to wish my ds had a poor memory?!?!?

(13 Posts)
Holidaysarecoming Fri 14-Oct-11 19:32:49

2 AIBUs in one night - I'm on a roll

Ds (6) asked me tonight what we were doing during half term I responded not alot, and he said 'But we are going to Legoland because you said in August during the holiday in October that we would go to Legoland, and that's this holiday so we are going to Legoland.'

How did he remember that??? He doesn't remember to brush his teeth, he doesn't remember to feed his animals, he remembers that.

AIBU to not go - the tickets are £45 each!!!!!!!!!!!!!

worraliberty Fri 14-Oct-11 19:34:09

Did you not know the price when you promised him?

Holidaysarecoming Fri 14-Oct-11 19:35:48

No - it was months away it was something that came out of my mouth as a short-term avoid pain.

He didn't mention it again, I thought he'd forgotten all about it, oh no he was storing it up!

MrBloomsNursery Fri 14-Oct-11 19:36:52

Buy one get one free on nutella jars and kellogs cornflakes packs for legoland. Or take him somewhere cheap like Gulliver's.

babycham42 Fri 14-Oct-11 19:38:43

I am sorry to say that YABU.

I think you should only ever say you'll do something with the kids if you know you'll follow through.

IMO it just shows how much he wants to go and has been looking forward to it that he remembers it.

I think that if you can possibly afford it you should take him.

LeMousquetaireAnonyme Fri 14-Oct-11 19:40:11

Ah! never make promise you can't keep! I still remember my parents mishap when I was 4 (I am 42) They are kids, their memory is actually better than ours...
He is 6 he will probably understand if you tell him you can't afford it right now but he can save for it. (but he will probably tell everybody he meets as mine do blush)

aldiwhore Fri 14-Oct-11 19:40:57

Been there, done that, add a few more months and pay up. Tis the only way, see it as a lesson learned.

It was my son's birthday on Wednesday (8) and he said "Mummy, I don't want much, I just want to feel special, I'd like a banner on the fireplace and balloons with my age on, and a home made cake like you did for my 5th birthday and haven't done since"

He was right. I have rectified it, even though in the last few years I've totally gone of cake making and have a bit of a ballon phobia, that's only developed since I had my second child, probably because he likes to suck them/bite them/make noises with them that make me feel violent.

Holidaysarecoming Fri 14-Oct-11 19:43:32

Okay let me search the house for clubcard vouchers. Please let me have some left.

IgnoringTheChildren Fri 14-Oct-11 19:44:08

Can you still use Tesco clubcard vouchers to get Legoland tickets? Not that it helps with your DS having such good memory, clearly you'll just have to be very vague about any other future plans...

IgnoringTheChildren Fri 14-Oct-11 19:45:24

X posts! grin

Holidaysarecoming Fri 14-Oct-11 20:12:08

Thank god for Tescos.

LeMousquetaireAnonyme Fri 14-Oct-11 20:12:38

grin

babycham42 Fri 14-Oct-11 20:12:51

Hurrah!

Enjoy your trip!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now