Talk

Advanced search

To be appalled at the length of time my neighbour leaves her washing on the line

(329 Posts)
Perriwinkle Fri 14-Oct-11 17:47:26

A whole lineful will appear and then it'll be out for up to two weeks at a time. It can dry, get wet and dry again several times over and be slapped against a concrete wall in the wind. Items only seems to get picked in as and when they're needed and by the end of it's time out there it'll be hanging on by one peg, with longer items dragging on the grass or hitched up against the fence/wall.

There's no real reason I should care - it's not my family's washing after all - but I just can't bear to see washing (something which by definition is supposed to be clean!) being treated like that.

What are some people like?

Onemorning Fri 14-Oct-11 17:49:19

YABU and judgey. So what if they leave it out for weeks?

CogitoErgoSometimes Fri 14-Oct-11 17:50:31

GET... OUT... MORE... thanks

ScaredBear Fri 14-Oct-11 17:50:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

susiesmith Fri 14-Oct-11 17:51:18

i am shocked that she should leve it so long - seems silly. i was expecting you to say a day or two when I saw the thread opening but at the end of the day how is it bothering u - leave them to it.

nailak Fri 14-Oct-11 17:51:28

omg, are you my neighbour?

How strange confused

FanjoForTheMuahahammaries Fri 14-Oct-11 17:52:04

<<hands you a life>>

LoveInAColdGrave Fri 14-Oct-11 17:52:43

Gosh, you must have a lot of free time!

thousandDenier Fri 14-Oct-11 17:52:47

<checks in the thread to see if the OP is about me>

<checks out happy that there is at least someone slightly more slovenly in the ways of laundry than me>

Miette Fri 14-Oct-11 17:53:13

Maybe they have really busy lives. I'm guessing you don't. grin

ggirl Fri 14-Oct-11 17:53:24

two weeks is just slatternly

I'd be straight round to give her a piece of my mind

Feminine Fri 14-Oct-11 17:53:35

You are not really bothered are you? confused

Are you winding us up?

EricNorthmansMistress Fri 14-Oct-11 17:53:59

Appalled?

YANBU to think it's weird and lazy and very poor housekeeping but then we don't all have the same standards. YABU to be appalled.

GrumpyInRepose Fri 14-Oct-11 17:54:28

I'd notice too, tbh.

ShroudOfHamsters Fri 14-Oct-11 17:54:56

Wow, two weeks?

That's really weird. I wouldn't be !APPALLED! exactly but I would be intrigued. How strange.

LoveInAColdGrave Fri 14-Oct-11 17:55:32

I have a lovely mental imagine of Les Dawson style lip pursing and bosom hoisting going on over the garden fence.

charitygirl Fri 14-Oct-11 17:56:12

I'm sure OP s exaggerating her reaction - but if you don't think it's weird, then, well, you're weird!

Blimey

ScaredBear Fri 14-Oct-11 17:57:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Feminine Fri 14-Oct-11 17:58:13

Actually, let the clothes protection league know.

Its your responsibility...

DizzyPurple Fri 14-Oct-11 17:58:33

I understand!! I love doing washing, putting it on the line, bringing it in all fresh and dry. On the odd occasion I've left mine out overnight it doesn't seem right although my neighbour does that a lot. There is a family near us who seem to leave theirs out for extended periods and it does irritate me slightly. They even left it out in the snow!! Why would you even put it out then??

I dont think you are being unreasonable.

Perriwinkle Fri 14-Oct-11 17:59:18

I've often wondered why the women doesn't just keep on wearing the clothes. I mean they can't possibly be clean when she takes them off the line. She's just wasting water, electricity and money on washing powder.

Misspixietrix Fri 14-Oct-11 17:59:29

LoveInAColdGrave Me too! grin x

comedycentral Fri 14-Oct-11 18:00:05

I agree with charitygirl.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now