Talk

Advanced search

to not to make the first move...

(6 Posts)
t0lk13n Thu 13-Oct-11 19:13:12

I have a disabled son who plays football. There is a tournament coming up soon over 2 hrs away from where we live. During training a month ago a woman just said I will give you petrol money if you take my husband and son. I was a bit peeved as I felt I couldn`t say no as it was in front of people. I just like driving myself and not with people I don`t know. Anyway the tournament is on Saturday and as my son hasn`t been in training cos he has been ill I haven`t seen her to confirm details. She hasn`t contacted me or the club to confirm lift. I really don`t feel it is my job to contact her as if she wants me to take her family she should be the one to contact me.

PeachesMelba Thu 13-Oct-11 19:57:22

She should contact you.

And her presuming you would transport her family is a bit off - unless you led her to believe you would?

Agree driving with people you don't know isn't ideal for various reasons.

t0lk13n Thu 13-Oct-11 20:03:45

No I was chatting about the best route to take with other parents and she just said I will give you petrol money and you can take son and husband.

And it is two hrs there and 2 hrs back! And she lives about 5 miles from me in the first place!

PigletJohn Thu 13-Oct-11 20:07:13

"a woman just said I will give you petrol money if you take my husband and son. I was a bit peeved as I felt I couldn`t say no as it was in front of people"

So do you mean you said Yes? Or implied it? If you do, then you have changed your mind, so it is up to you to tell her.

cookcleanerchaufferetc Thu 13-Oct-11 20:39:21

Why didn't you just say you were going somewhere else afterwards so not going home straight away?

t0lk13n Thu 13-Oct-11 21:10:16

We live 2 hrs away from tournament so would be going home afterwards....so would be hard to lie. I am just not going to cotact her...if they still want a lift they get in touch with me....I`m going so will give lift if still needed. Thanks for reading.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now