Talk

Advanced search

Would you tellsomeone whose marriage proposal you had turned down a couple of years ago that you had been wrong and were in love with them? ( Despite the fact that he is now engaged to someone else)

(61 Posts)
mrsruffallo Thu 13-Oct-11 11:10:09

He is also my cousin, and heir to the family inheritance.
What would you do?

worraliberty Thu 13-Oct-11 11:11:16

You want to marry your cousin for money?

blinkineck Thu 13-Oct-11 11:13:57

I would definitely do especially as the happiness of 13 million viewers depends on it grin

ColdSancerre Thu 13-Oct-11 11:14:23

I would leave it and let him marry the person he has now chosen.

aldiwhore Thu 13-Oct-11 11:15:32

Hmm. A lot of things wrong here. Cousins, well your call, I grew up in the countryside where everyone's related happily with each other although the untrained eye can tell.

Money. Don't marry for money.

He's already engaged, have some respect, you had your opportunity. Just wait for the divorce until you make your move.

Do nothing. smile

grovel Thu 13-Oct-11 11:16:20

He'll be dead soon.

ScaredBear Thu 13-Oct-11 11:16:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LeBOF Thu 13-Oct-11 11:17:22

I'd bide my time and wait for a nice superbug to put paid to his current fiancée, if you are sure he doesn't really love her.

loveglove Thu 13-Oct-11 11:18:31

I know a surprising amount of cousin partnerships. <ICK>

thespeaker Thu 13-Oct-11 11:19:04

I would tell him. He can decide if he is happy with his rebound relationship or if he wants to dump her for you but are you sure you don't just want him because you can see he is happy with someone else and you can't find a suitable beau?

worraliberty Thu 13-Oct-11 11:19:29

Oh, judging by the second post this is some sort of TV show?

grovel Thu 13-Oct-11 11:20:17

He's not your class,dear.
Don't marry below yourself.

TootaLaFruit Thu 13-Oct-11 11:21:06

Oi you lot - I'm the great-granddaughter result of some cousin loving. Nowt wrong with me <twitches>

LoopyLoopsPussInBoots Thu 13-Oct-11 11:21:44

eh?

mrsruffallo Thu 13-Oct-11 11:22:46

I'm not sure he does love his fiancee, and she has a murky past that I would delve into if I hadn't recently decided to be a NICE person.

aldiwhore Thu 13-Oct-11 11:23:10

Think so Worr think so... lol

I still stand by my first post though, which is probably why I've not yet written an awrd winning drama. [sadface] I need more cousin loving obviously.

LeBOF Thu 13-Oct-11 11:26:06

Times are a-changing, there are never any guarantees, but I have a feeling that if you are patient, say until the Christmas special, love will triumph.

FrightNight Thu 13-Oct-11 11:26:51

No way, I'd seek out someone with no soul, class but squillions in the bank and thank the lord I dont have to worry about the tenant farmers or proping up the crumbling ancestral home.

moraletotallydestroyedbypoopoo Thu 13-Oct-11 11:28:28

TELL HIM! He doesn't love her, not like he loves you. Plus, you are way hotter than her and have the most amazing clothes.

However, bear in mind that your hard-won happiness will be temporarily blighted by his discovery of the fact that you shagged a Turkish diplomat to death.

But that will all be solved within the space of an hour, as we wouldn't want to keep the tension going for too long, would we? hmm

grovel Thu 13-Oct-11 11:29:01

Quite right, FrightNight.
Marry a Murdoch.

mrsruffallo Thu 13-Oct-11 11:29:06

I could wait i suppose. The problem is that grubby newspaperman has asked me to marry him. He may be my only chance if dear cousin turns me down. i ahve a skeleton in my cupboard too blush. I can't dicuss this in rl with anyone

manicbmc Thu 13-Oct-11 11:31:20

Lmao grin

grovel Thu 13-Oct-11 11:31:51

I think that shagging a Levantine lothario to death is a feather in your cap, OP. Shows stamina. The next couple of decades are going to need spunky gels like you.

CumbrianCooBeastie Thu 13-Oct-11 11:32:56

Overturn the laws of primogeniture and tell 'em all to stuff it up their jumpers.

LeBOF Thu 13-Oct-11 11:33:45

Absolutely- hurrah for spunky gels!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now