Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to think Katie Price is the last person on earth

(21 Posts)
TheLadyEvenstar Thu 13-Oct-11 09:40:18

who has the right to slam off SAHM mums?

here

"no excuse not to work" I mean it must be so easy when you have childcare on tap.

DooinMeCleanin Thu 13-Oct-11 09:43:04

I think she's probably cleverer than people give her credit for. She's been in the papers two days in a row now and on MN the same all over the same interview, giving her X amount of publicity for her new book/TV show/underwear/whatever.

kenobi Thu 13-Oct-11 09:43:43

Having seen her and Peter Andre using their toddler as a weapon ("which one do you love more? Daddy or me? Tell mummy to shut up" etc) anything which comes out of that woman's mouth about child rearing is automatically null and void.

squeakytoy Thu 13-Oct-11 09:44:16

I dont see that is what she is saying. She is saying there is no excuse for not working, or at least trying to, which is a fair point.

She pays for her childcare just like anyone else who goes out to work.

RedOnion Thu 13-Oct-11 09:44:49

Personally I think it has been taken out of context. I don't think she meant every single stay at home mother. To me, it sounded as though she was trying to say that getting pregnant to get a council flat and then doing nothing with your life, isn't an option.

Disclaimer - cannot STAND Katie Price!

TheLadyEvenstar Thu 13-Oct-11 09:45:10

Dooin, She is smart in the way she gain publicity yes. But she is hardly mother of the year.

TheLadyEvenstar Thu 13-Oct-11 09:47:06

Maybe I am bias as I cannot stand her.

TheQueenOfDeDead Thu 13-Oct-11 09:47:15

She isn't though is she? She is slagging off mums that stay at home and expect to be supported by the state.

The reason she has "childcare on tap" is because she works hard enough and earns enough to afford that.

DooinMeCleanin Thu 13-Oct-11 09:48:33

Don't you think she just says things to get in the media? She's smart enough to know that the WOHM/SAHM thing is a massive bone of contention to most mothers.

Ooopsadaisy Thu 13-Oct-11 09:50:21

I am no fan of this woman and so my advice would by "do not listen/read/take any interest in her"

Anyway, anything she does is not about anyone else - it's all about her.

There is another thread on here about KP and the discussion has been about her business acumen and how she has promoted so many products etc. There is no doubt in my mind she has been extremely successful where many have failed or not held on the the attention for so long.

However it doesn't impress me. I admire people with more substance. I admire friends who are SAHMs for being great parents, friends and members of the community they live in rather than how big their tits are or who they are shagging.

TheLadyEvenstar Thu 13-Oct-11 09:50:49

Dooin, yes I do agree with that.

TheLadyEvenstar Thu 13-Oct-11 09:52:43

Ooopsa, I was avoiding saying pretty much the same thing. If she hadn't got her tits out at every opportunity she would be nowhere.

And her comment about living in reality - of course she does thats why she has had so much surgery!

AMumInScotland Thu 13-Oct-11 09:53:46

Meh. I've never understood why anyone would be interested in her opinion on any subject TBH.

squeakytoy Thu 13-Oct-11 09:54:10

There are plenty of women who over the years have got their tits out... I cant think of another who has managed to continue a career off the back of that and make so much money. So she must have done something right.

havinhoops1974 Thu 13-Oct-11 09:54:30

I hope she isn't attacking all single mothers I hope its taken out of context.

TheLadyEvenstar Thu 13-Oct-11 09:56:13

Squeaky - she kept herself in the limelight by acting so bizarre in front of the paparazzi (sp). If she hadn't she would have slipped out of sight many years ago.

squeakytoy Thu 13-Oct-11 09:58:16

It doesnt matter how she did it though, the fact is, she is worth millions, and she has worked for it.

TheTenantOfWildfellHall Thu 13-Oct-11 09:58:57

I don't think she works as hard as a lot of people who make far less money that she does.

Living your life in front of the camera and selling your family for a hefty sum are very lucrative, but don't require hard work. Just a suspension of respect and dignity.

herbietea Thu 13-Oct-11 10:04:22

Message withdrawn

adamschic Thu 13-Oct-11 10:26:52

I think she is saying that having children is not an excuse not to work whether you are a single mum or a partnered mum. She is saying that it is possible to work and be a mother.

I reckon they brought her into Oxford for a bit of light relief with a serious message. You can do anything you want to, in her case get yer tits out and make a bomb. Not that anyone can do this, she was in the right place at the right time for her particular brand.

somewherewest Thu 13-Oct-11 11:07:34

She just wants publicity. KP would sell her own granny for glue to get in the media.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now