Talk

Advanced search

Not to be used!

(5 Posts)
Rogers1 Thu 13-Oct-11 08:42:46

My sister used to be a very caring...give you her last penny...kind of a girl but that all changed when she met her new partner. Us sisters had always been close...however embarking on our own lives etc meant we did drift apart. I always made the effort to text or email all my sisters to see how my nieces & nephews were. Sister 3 is now only in contact when she wants money. We can go months where we have no contact as I have stopped messaging as regular as it always leads to money. I has not long finished Mat Leave & start work next week...so I'm in no position to lend money...hence why she doesn't contact me.
Am I right to feel a bit used when she does call & all she wants is money...not to see her me or her nephew are?

peggotty Thu 13-Oct-11 08:44:01

Why does she want/need the money for?

Rogers1 Thu 13-Oct-11 08:45:41

Unpaid bills...food...utilities etc. She has previous debts etc .

peggotty Thu 13-Oct-11 08:49:02

Why has it changed since meeting her new partner do you think?

Rogers1 Thu 13-Oct-11 08:51:29

He is very work-shy & due to that every place they have lived...the utilities have been her responsibility & I feel this has made the debt she had even worse.
I'll admit...I had minimal debt from a business I had but I worked 3 jobs & paid I off-sacrificing luxuries etc.
I try offering advice to her but it's always about money.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now