Talk

Advanced search

To think that Beyonce's bump DOES look fake in this video......

(45 Posts)
MrBloomsNursery Wed 12-Oct-11 23:06:26

Her stomach folds on itself. She should be around 20 weeks pregnant if she is due in February. Her dress is fitting quite closely to the bump when she is standing, so how would the fabric just end up folding like that over a bump? Really strange. I'm due in January, and I my stomach couldn't fold like that 4 weeks ago.

watch this

squeakytoy Wed 12-Oct-11 23:08:45

It is the material and the cut of the dress, definately. Dont forget, she was photographed in a bikini only a couple of weeks ago, and was clearly pregnant then.

CocktailQueen Wed 12-Oct-11 23:17:55

How bizarre! My tummy didn't fold in half when pg -could it be a trick???

MrBloomsNursery Wed 12-Oct-11 23:24:57

I don't think it's the material, because it is fitting closely to the bump when she is standing, so really it shouldn't fall like that when she bends over.

cocktail do you mean a camera trick, or beyonce tricking us?

squeakytoy Wed 12-Oct-11 23:29:38

I think the material ruches up.. if you catch the glimpse of it 2 seconds in as she is viewed at the right of the screen walking onto the stage, it looks quite loose under the bump.

MrBloomsNursery Wed 12-Oct-11 23:39:08

okay it does look a bit loose under the bump, but why would it fold up like that on the top of the bump...

AmberLeaf Wed 12-Oct-11 23:41:14

I think its the material, however I think she may be faking her bump 'cos I dont know anyone whos 20 week bump is that big.

<gets all conspiracyish>

Kayano Wed 12-Oct-11 23:43:27

I am 22 weeks
Today and my bump is not that big... Nor does it fold...
I think her face looks quite surprised... Like she KNOWS lol

daenerysstormborn Wed 12-Oct-11 23:44:44

no idea what is going on but no-one can beat this for an odd looking/fake bump!

Hardgoing Wed 12-Oct-11 23:59:23

This was on the Mail website earlier, but now isn't, perhaps a potentially libellous claim.

CheeseandGherkins Thu 13-Oct-11 00:03:37

I have bump photos of my previous pregnancy and I was quite large both at 12 weeks and 23 weeks (those are the photos on there). I'm 17+5 now (just as it's just now Thursday grin) and definitely have a big bump.

ShriekingLisa Thu 13-Oct-11 00:07:08

It does look rather strange. But i think she actually is pregnant but dont forget for the VMAs she wore a prosthetic bump so she could be wearing a bigger one to make her look more pregnant if you know what i mean?

OhMyGolly Thu 13-Oct-11 00:11:05

I do think it looks very very odd when she sits down. With my first people were surprised when I told them I was pg, even at 20 weeks and I had no stomach muscles to talk of.

I do think for whatever reason she is wearing a false bump in that video, most likely to appear that she is bigger than she is (can't imagine why, but people are mad).

OhMyGolly Thu 13-Oct-11 00:16:19

Re the Katie Holmes bump, I do think that looks ok, I have seen real life (skinny) people who do look like they have swallowed a space hopper.

With my second I did have other pg Women telling me that it was the biggest bump they had ever seen, sadly I was not skinny and it was due to a hefty baby and far too much fluid.

grumplestilskin Thu 13-Oct-11 00:20:54

the Katie holmes one looks fine to me, tops that hang off the top of a bump instead of being cut to go back in always look a bit odd to me but I've seen women with bumps like that. None like Beyonce's. She does look pregnant in the bikini pics but MORE pregnant in similarish time clothes which is WIERD! like putting a wonder bra on your bump, for why?

OhMyGolly Thu 13-Oct-11 00:22:12

Also her bump seems to start right under her boobs, babies at 20 weeks are around the belly button area.

Hardgoing Thu 13-Oct-11 00:24:21

I had a bump like Katie's (sadly where the resemblance with a Hollywood film star ends). I was very thin and all bump, it actually looked quite cool but towards the end, being all bump made it just look enormous. I'm always amazed when I see women who carry the baby more inside and just look a bit bigger.

I agree that for whatever reason, Beyonce seems keen to enhance her bump. plus she is doing that cradling her bump in every single publicity shot, which again usually only comes on later on unless you are trying to highlight it all the time. It may not mean she is not pregnant, just wants to look bigger and more dramatic (as opposed to fat).

grumplestilskin Thu 13-Oct-11 00:27:29

yes I've found the bump rubbing odd from the start, for the first half of pregnancy my hands always went to the lower part of the bump (where there was a baby!!!!) rather than resting on the top (when there was a massive person in there fighting me for rib space).

Why would you rub the top of the bump area when there's no baby that high yet? (am talking about earlier on!)

Suckstobeme Thu 13-Oct-11 00:46:04

Is Katie pregnant? It kinda looks like the
wind blew her top up!

MrBloomsNursery Thu 13-Oct-11 01:30:42

Oh my goodness - that Katie Holmes bump is just brilliant!

I do agree with everyone, why was beyonce rubbing her belly at the top, when the uterus is well below the navel that early on!!

In the bikini pic, she looks less pregnant than in this video, and also, with my first baby I didn't show until I was about 6 months pregnant, and I am not a skinny thin person, I am medium build.

I think it's all very strange - back in August, she was only 3 months along and had a pretty big bump at the VMA's aswell....just impossible, especially with a first baby!!

grumplestilskin Thu 13-Oct-11 16:02:37

at 3 months I could feel like the top of a 'grapefruit' just above my pubic bone. I looked a bit tubbier than usual. at 16 weeks it was BEGINNING to look like a bump if I wore something really tight, in normal loose close, not really.

NinkyNonker Thu 13-Oct-11 16:17:30

It is when she sits down it looks dodge, it folds.

I'd be surprised if she were that big, she had/has great muscle tone so I would expect it to be held in longer. I wasn't that big till gone 30 wks last time and I had no muscle tone to speak of!

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Thu 13-Oct-11 16:21:17

I only briefly watched the clip, but I'm not convinced that that is Beyonce, I think it may be a look-e-likey.

Organa Thu 13-Oct-11 16:25:42

if she was faking it, then wouldn't she go to the trouble of faking it right? So, she prob is pregnant after all

worldgonecrazy Thu 13-Oct-11 16:36:58

I had a huge bump throughout my first pregnancy probably because I couldn't be arsed to hold my tummy in so let it all hang out I was mahoosive by 20 weeks and just got bigger and bigger until I looked like triplets. Can't remember my bump doing a foldy thing but then it doesn't look foldy until you watch it in slow motion and who knows what editing tricks have been used.

Beyonce is pregnant with a much longed for child and married to a man she clearly adores. Why have people got such a downer - can't we leave them alone to be happy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now