Talk

Advanced search

to think katie price wouldn't know what a hard days work is.

(53 Posts)
carriedababi Wed 12-Oct-11 21:25:23

here

sorry but selling every detail of your life[weddings births, more silly weddings!] to magazines is not work

nor isbeing a brand, basically a company making various prioducts that you just put your brand to.

don't get me wrong, i don't actually mind the girl, i certainly am not what she would call a hater.
just please don't preach about how hard you work!
its a joke

Romilly70 Wed 12-Oct-11 21:34:57

OK, she is not exactly going down a coal mine, but she is actually quite good at what she does, ie self-promotion and products by association.

You only have to look at the desperate attempts of other z-list celebrities to make money, her 2nd ex-husband alex reid for example to see that it is actually not that easy.

She doesn't apologise for who she is and although i wouldn't exaclty hold her up as a role model, i admire her chutzpah.

squeakytoy Wed 12-Oct-11 21:38:44

I would disagree. She has a hectic life, and it is probably all micro-managed.. I doubt it is as easy as it looks, and she has surrounded herself with people who have helped her to make a bloody fortune out of what she does too.

HeidiKat Wed 12-Oct-11 21:39:55

I would disagree too, remember she has a disabled child and that has to be the hardest job in the world, even with paid help.

Shakey1500 Wed 12-Oct-11 21:43:15

YABU, I don't particularly "like" what she does but there's no denying she does it well and that takes hard work. So she has a small army to manage most of her affairs, looks etc but she's still a mum in a demanding job.

So yes, all in all, I think she does have a good idea of what a hard days work is.

thespeaker Wed 12-Oct-11 21:45:50

I think she works really hard, albeit at things that some people would do for fun.

babycham42 Wed 12-Oct-11 21:48:34

Yep! Whether you like her or not is personal choice but she's a hard working business woman IMO.

Sirzy Wed 12-Oct-11 21:48:42

Bringing up a disabled child is always going to be hard work. Bringing up 3 children is hard work.

So yes I am sure she is all to aware of what a hard days work is like

discobeaver Wed 12-Oct-11 22:05:36

I like Katie Price. I don't know why, I just do. Logically I shouldn't, media whore, tacky, attention seeking, married twonk head Andre - but I do.

DioneTheDiabolist Wed 12-Oct-11 22:08:27

I could say a lot of things about Katie Price, but not hardworking isn't one of them. I don't agree with what she does, but it takes a lot of work and a control freak personality.

FlyingPirates Wed 12-Oct-11 22:18:41

YABU, for all the reasons stated above.

lockets Wed 12-Oct-11 22:20:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

fivegomadindorset Wed 12-Oct-11 22:22:34

Yabu.

Tchootnika Wed 12-Oct-11 22:23:36

She works bloody hard. You may not like her, but she does.

Sevenfold Wed 12-Oct-11 22:24:02

yabu, walk in her shoes for a day and then say it

Tchootnika Wed 12-Oct-11 22:25:46

Walk in Katie Price's shoes for a day and you'll have very sore feet, I reckon.

DrNortherner Wed 12-Oct-11 22:30:51

Getting your tits out and pouting and being chauffeured around everywhere hard work?

Living in your million pound mansion, riding your horses, interviewing new PA/nanny hard work?

Don't make me laugh. Yes I'm sure she's busy, but busy doing stuff she chooses to do and she enjoys doing. With millions in the bank to cushion the blow.

Hard work my arse.

JustCallMeMrsTeabag Wed 12-Oct-11 22:31:46

I think she's actually a pretty canny lady, and I would imagine she works extremely hard at what she does. You don't make the kind of money she has by sitting on your behind doing nothing.

lockets Wed 12-Oct-11 22:33:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Tchootnika Wed 12-Oct-11 22:33:13

Oops, i forgot, that Katie Price, she's one of them heiresses, isn't she, DrNortherner? And there was me, thinking she'd earned her money.

DrNortherner Wed 12-Oct-11 22:34:00

Well she has made millions siting on her arse and dangling her tits in the camera and sitting on her arse whilst someone writes her novels.

Not judging. Fair play to her.

There are many people who can genuinely talk about working damned hard. KP aint one of them.

AmberLeaf Wed 12-Oct-11 22:34:43

YABU

Sevenfold Wed 12-Oct-11 22:35:23

Tchootnika i knew someone would say something like that

troisgarcons Wed 12-Oct-11 22:35:43

Im no 'fan' - but she is a business woman and a blood y succesful one at that.

EricNorthmansMistress Wed 12-Oct-11 22:40:25

YABU
I don't like what she does but she does a lot of it. You can see if you watch her shite programmes, how much time she puts in to all that stuff she does. Holiday in Ibiza? She doing bikini shoots and filming her show and staging pap shots and all the rest. She wouldn't be in the public eye still earning money if she didn't work hard at it. sHE ALSO BRINGS UP three kids - with help, but most working mums have help of some kind or another.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now