Talk

Advanced search

To make her pay...?

(18 Posts)
Cassettetapeandpencil Wed 12-Oct-11 19:56:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Nicdigby Wed 12-Oct-11 19:58:16

Ask her if she can come round to help you to clean the car as describe the mess it has left. She'll be so embarrassed she'll offer to pay for you to have it professionally done smile

DogsBeastFiend Wed 12-Oct-11 19:58:22

I would expect her to, yes. This wasn't accidental and I'm an emetophobe, I'd be nigh on hysterical by now.

Mind you, she would never have been allowed in my car pissed in the first place. No way, no matter what.

whackamole Wed 12-Oct-11 19:58:47

I think I would ask her to contribute, after explaining I had to get the car done because it reeks.

If it were me, I would be so mortified I would hand over the cash immediately!

SandStorm Wed 12-Oct-11 19:59:07

It all depends if you can afford to foot the bill or not. It doesn't sound like she does this regularly and if she's a good friend I would just write if off to experience.

If you're short of cash though then yes, ask her for the money in a nice way.

Northernlurker Wed 12-Oct-11 19:59:17

Just say how much it is costing and you were hoping she can cover that or at least go halves. It is her fault after all.

wonkylegs Wed 12-Oct-11 20:00:01

You could do what my mum did when I did this to her car....
Offer her the chance to clean it or pay for it to be cleaned ... You only get to not clean up your own sick if you are a child or properly poorly , overindulgence and it's all your responsibility grin

slavetofilofax Wed 12-Oct-11 20:00:41

Of course she should pay! No doubt about it!

myalias Wed 12-Oct-11 20:00:43

I think you are going to have to tell her to fork out . . . . YANBU

ZillionChocolate Wed 12-Oct-11 20:01:38

I think I'd tell her that you've tried and failed to clean it but have spoken to a valeting company who've quoted £45. Any suggestions for an alternative or should you just go ahead?

I absolutely think you should expect her to pay. If I was the puker, I would expect to sort it out, even if it was a sudden illness rather than wine related.

Bellavita Wed 12-Oct-11 20:01:38

If I was your friend, I would have been mortified this morning and would have been telling you to book a valet and given you the money straight away.

PattySimcox Wed 12-Oct-11 20:02:31

If I'd done that I would have been mortified and insisted on paying for a full valet - can't understand why she hasn't tbh.

Was she that wasted that she doesn't remember? If so you need to remind her

PattySimcox Wed 12-Oct-11 20:03:01

xpost with bellavita grin

Bellavita Wed 12-Oct-11 20:04:57

grin Patty!

LydiaWickham Wed 12-Oct-11 20:06:27

Agree - she has the option of cleaning it herself or paying for it to be professionally done.

Cassettetapeandpencil Wed 12-Oct-11 20:06:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Northernlurker Wed 12-Oct-11 20:10:42

Excellent. She'll be much happier knowing she's paid for it to be fixed too. These things can be awkward. Well done for standing up for a non-smelly car!

Bellavita Wed 12-Oct-11 20:12:01

Result!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now