Talk

Advanced search

To be giddy about finding a new friend?

(14 Posts)
PooseGimples Wed 12-Oct-11 18:43:14

I am feeling ever so slightly excited about the fact that I think I have made a new friend, who I hope will be a really good friend eventually.

Their family is new to the school and her eldest is in the same class as my dc1, they seem to have really hit it off since term started. I invited her dc1 back to tea (and of course her and the two younger children, she didn't really know me from Adam apart from hurried conversations at school gates and quick chats at toddler group on occasional Fridays) and she was absolutely lovely, as are her children, and I really hope that we can become friends.

But I am really, well giddy with excitement is the only way to describe it! It's a bit juvenile isn't it blush, when they left I had to stop myself saying "no please stay longer sod the kids bedtimes and school tomorrow or the fact that we both have other things on this evening and let's open the wine"

Good gracious I sound like a stalker dont I? The odd thing is I have lots of lovely friends already and whilst this might sound rather snooty- it not meant to be- I really didn't think I had time for any more. I wasn't yearning for something else in friendship terms. But I so hope she thought I could be a friend too!

Ps I am not 13.

smellsofsick Wed 12-Oct-11 18:50:51

I bet you get mentionitus too: oh Pam was just saying that the other day, Pam likes fig biscuits, ooo I bet Pam would love that tractor....etc.

I'm just jealous of your NBF.

PooseGimples Wed 12-Oct-11 18:58:48

Oh god I will won't I? And get my hair cut like hers and buy the same clothes :0

PooseGimples Wed 12-Oct-11 18:59:41

Whilst learning how to do shock smiley properly shock

budgieshell Wed 12-Oct-11 19:05:29

I think it's really nice to be excited about your new friend, age has nothing to do with it, as my mother says you can't have to many friends.

Word of warning though try not to come on to strong straight away (don't book the joint holiday just yet).

PooseGimples Wed 12-Oct-11 19:09:06

Budgie tee hee good point I won't order the brochures just yet then ;)

spiderslegs Wed 12-Oct-11 19:10:43

YANBU it is always exciting to find a new friend no matter now old or how many friends you have.

Try not to Google her & turn up at the school gates in the same outfit whilst wittering on about her favourite books/films, she may find it a little off-putting.

PooseGimples Wed 12-Oct-11 19:29:33

Shall I cancel the order for the "Pam & PooseGimples 4 ever" cake I was getting made then for the three day anniversary of our first date? (was going to turn up at her house with it on Saturday. Her parents are visiting shed be so pleased if we met ;)

spiderslegs Wed 12-Oct-11 19:39:39

No Poose, you must do it - it will cement your friendship.

spiderslegs Wed 12-Oct-11 19:42:10

Her parents will no doubt be so pleased their daughter has met such a great gal. Maybe some t-shirts with your photos (badly photoshopped together) on would be a nice touch too.

peggotty Wed 12-Oct-11 19:42:42

Fgs just don't let it end with a stilleto heel in her eye socket. Anything else is a plus. Buy seriously, it is lovely to meet someone you click with wink

spiderslegs Wed 12-Oct-11 19:43:57

<Disclaimer - before I get carried away - I am always full of the joy when I meet someone new on my wavelength - I am not merely taking the piss.>

It's always nice to meet someone on your wavelength who you just click with.

It doesn't happen very often for me...but then I'm weird.

Last person I clicked with, I married!

Merrylegs Wed 12-Oct-11 19:53:42

YANBU! How lovely.

But remember - if she doesn't return your phone calls, don't blame yourself.

She's Just Not That Into You.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now