Talk

Advanced search

Warning- Trivial one!! Supermarket voucher allocation

(8 Posts)
crazygracieuk Wed 12-Oct-11 10:36:52

This is a who is most reasonable rather than am I unreasonable.

Bit of background...

I have 3 kids.
#1 goes to a secondary school with 1500 students.
#2 and #3 go to a primary school with 300 students. They will go to the same secondary school as #1.

They were debating how to split supermarket vouchers that schools collect.

#1 thinks that I should split them 50% to his school and 50% to the primary school because as a family we support both schools equally.
#2 thinks that I should give all of them to her school as it's smaller and there are fewer people collecting.
#3 thinks that I should give them all to him to hand into his school because #1 and #2 will probably forget to hand them in.

Who is most reasonable?

TheControversialJessie Wed 12-Oct-11 10:39:27

#1 should have them all, because someone (else) on MN said secondary schools receive less supermarket vouchers, because the teenagers are embarrassed to hand them in, whereas primary children love handing in vouchers.

ThePumpkinKing Wed 12-Oct-11 10:39:29

Split them equally between the children.
They just like to feel important, and that they're doing their bit grin.

TheControversialJessie Wed 12-Oct-11 10:41:04

I bet all your children seem insanely reasonable now!

<is helpful>

Goldenbrown1981 Wed 12-Oct-11 11:35:09

I'd give them all to the secondary, in the hope that all children would benefit from them

aldiwhore Wed 12-Oct-11 11:37:09

Two schools, two piles sounds fair, but yes one school is smaller (though primary kids LIKE taking in vouchers) and one bigger (but teenagers generally don't get excited about vouchers).

So the fairest way all round is to split the vouchers evenly between the children.

MurderBloodstabsandgore Wed 12-Oct-11 11:37:21

split them equally between the DCs.

Whippoorwhill Wed 12-Oct-11 11:58:51

Is #3 right? If so, then give the vouchers to them. Vouchers shoved to the bottom of a PE bag and forgotten about until months after they've expired do no one any good. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now