Talk

Advanced search

To wonder if someone posted an AIBU about you, what would it be?

(56 Posts)
lesley33 Wed 12-Oct-11 10:31:08

Most of the posts here are about posters complaining about the behaviour of other people. So if someone was going to complain about your behaviour or that of your DC's, what would the AIBU post say?

Mine would say:
AIBU to be annoyed at friend who spilt red wine over my carpet? Yes she did offer to pay for it to be cleaned or replaced, but of course I said no.

zoe88 Wed 12-Oct-11 10:36:41

Mines would be AIBU my neighbour son kicks his ball off my shed repeatedly.
blush

SnapesMistress Wed 12-Oct-11 10:42:16

AIBU my flatmate never does the cleaning/washing up until it absolutely has to be done while I want a constantly tidy house. How do I make her do the washing up before it covers the side?

Sewmuchtodo Wed 12-Oct-11 10:57:10

AIBU to think my friend could be on time JUST ONCE?

TheTenantOfWildfellHall Wed 12-Oct-11 11:06:03

AIBU to think my neighbours should get outside at the weekend and weed their bloody garden.

After all, mine looks like something from the RHS and their's did too when they moved in but it's all a bit wild now and I even heard there were hedgehogs in there. Hedgehogs! I mean, anyone would think it's outside!

I understand that we are both retired and treat our garden as a full time job, and they work and have 2 children but still.

I'm sure it's bringing the property prices down. sad

Tbf though, they'd have a point (except for the last sentence - I'm not accepting responsibility for that!)

CustardIsMyNemesis Wed 12-Oct-11 11:14:33

AIBU to think that first aiders should be just a little bit sympathetic? (After some numpty person cut his finger in the stupidest way possible last night and I wasn’t exactly ‘comforting’)

aldiwhore Wed 12-Oct-11 11:15:56

I think mine would be "AIBU to find my friend gratingly U when the mood takes her and completely unable to take her own advice?"

flowery Wed 12-Oct-11 11:17:20

Mine would be "AIBU to think my friend is really rubbish at responding to text messages during the same millennium they were sent?"

blush

BeyondLimitsOfTheLivingDead Wed 12-Oct-11 11:20:46

"AIBU to ask my wife not to sit on MN all day and to maybe wash the dishes or something. And possibly wear something a bit nicer than her jogging bottoms. Although jogging bottoms are an improvement on pyjamas..."

lesley33 Wed 12-Oct-11 11:28:00

Or AIBU to be annoyed that my daughter hasn't phoned me for over 4 months!

Rivenwithoutabingle Wed 12-Oct-11 11:29:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PaschaTheSlasher Wed 12-Oct-11 11:34:48

AIBU to want my wife to answer the damn phone the first time I ring? She has this stupid rule about not picking up if she's busy.

BettyCash Wed 12-Oct-11 11:35:58

SnapesMistress I'm right with you there...
Alternatively:
AIBU to think my OH shouldn't pick her feet?
AIBU to think my DD should get a proper job?
AIBU to think people shouldn't eat pork scratchings on the bus?

worraliberty Wed 12-Oct-11 11:39:02

AIBU to think my Mum shouldn't have hid under my bed this morning and grabbed my ankles when I swung them out of bed? blush

Worras' 8yr old DS grin

FetchezLaVache Wed 12-Oct-11 11:44:27

AIBU to expect my wife to do more around the house?

AIBU to expect DSIL to get my sons' birthday presents to them in the same month as their birthdays?

Unlurked Wed 12-Oct-11 11:49:45

These are very funny! I'm trying to think what mine would be but quite honestly I can't imagine that anyone has ever found me to be unreasonable before wink

OldGreyWassailTest Wed 12-Oct-11 11:52:38

AIBU that the woman I sold a computer to on EBay keeps hassling me because the hard drive failed within 2 weeks of buying it and I don't want to give her a refund.

My MIL might post "AIBU to expect my DIL to get over this and start speaking to me again? I only said a few nasty things by accident about her children, including asking if one was deformed, been cruel about the way she lost her babies and made insulting remarks about them and behaved badly at her sons funeral. I also might have manipulated my family for most of their lives and bullied their partners once they started dated/getting married etc and caused a bit of trouble at Christmas for a few years in a row. And perhaps I might have stalked my DIL a bit and called her a bitch once or twice. And maybe even once lifted DGS up by his neck when he was nine months old. And I might have accidentally told a lot of lies about it all to anyone that would listen. But it was all a misunderstanding because sometimes I speak before I think, but I've told DIL I forgive her for being so unreasonable by getting upset about all this, so why can't she get over it? She's claiming she has panic attacks and depression linked to my behaviour but surely that's no reason to avoid me, even though I disowned her and my son last Christmas by mistake because they went to visit my daughter for an hour instead of coming to see me but then forget doing it when it was convenient later on? There's probably more but I forget, and really, AIBU?"

Given that I posted asking if I was unreasonable to not "get over it" and remain as far away from her as possible, and got an almost unanimous "YANBU" from MNers, I would like to see how that thread went if she was honest enough to post the details grin.

TiarasTimeOutsAndTantrums Wed 12-Oct-11 11:56:57

AIBU to expect my mum to let me eat biscuits and milkybars for breakfast I don't want to do eating toast or squirrel for breakfast?

DS-2 and can't pronounce cereal

pozzled Wed 12-Oct-11 12:00:58

This one:

Mine would be "AIBU to think my friend is really rubbish at responding to text messages during the same millennium they were sent?"

And this, but substitute 'old jeans' for 'jogging bottoms':

"AIBU to ask my wife not to sit on MN all day and to maybe wash the dishes or something. And possibly wear something a bit nicer than her jogging bottoms.

And:

AIBU to think that my neighbour is neglecting her baby, by leaving her asleep in her pushchair in the driveway?

winnybella Wed 12-Oct-11 12:04:20

AIBU to want my DP to get on with it and find a job now DD is in creche?

blush

GarrottingItLaldy Wed 12-Oct-11 12:10:09

My friend's period is late. She is too scared to take a pg test. AIBU to tickle her until she pees and do the bloody test for her?

TiarasTimeOutsAndTantrums Wed 12-Oct-11 12:11:04

Garroting- please do a POAS thread grin unless IABU to beg you to do one

WaitingForMe Wed 12-Oct-11 12:13:44

AIBU to think my neighbour is being selfish for having her entire house renovated at once and filling the street with her various tradesmen's vehicles?

blush

WineAndPizza Wed 12-Oct-11 12:16:02

AIBU to expect my friend to, just once, travel south of the river?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now