Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to share a 2p hotel, I think not

(17 Posts)
popadop Wed 12-Oct-11 09:49:56

2p hotels.....................

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/hotel-sales#tune

Putrifyno Wed 12-Oct-11 09:54:22

But they look like prison cells! No windows! And no room for dcs either. I'll keep my 2p I think.....

popadop Wed 12-Oct-11 10:00:54

ha ha I did not look at the rooms I must admit. Just thought if someone needed a room or fancied a trip they might be interested.

Staying in London would be my worse nitemare, as a Devon girl I would rather eat my own eyeballs.

popadop Wed 12-Oct-11 10:03:43

Just had a look, and they do have windows and don't look that bad.

And for 2p????

lesley33 Wed 12-Oct-11 10:04:13

For 2p who cares!

TotemPole Wed 12-Oct-11 10:09:43

Watch out for all the extras.

You have to pay for towels and I don't think breakfast is included.

squeakytoy Wed 12-Oct-11 11:19:30

It says some rooms have windows and some dont. I dont think I could stay in a room without a window. confused

Hulababy Wed 12-Oct-11 11:29:21

I was a bit hmm about the no windows thing and then remembered that I have done the overnight ferry thing before and that was a room with no windows - and it was perfectly fine.

The pictures of the rooms look okay to me, a little small I guess - but if clean and tidy then seems fine. And they are all ensuite.

TotemPole Wed 12-Oct-11 13:57:23

I think one night without windows would be ok. E.g. if you were coming to London for a show and wanted a no frills place to turn it into a cheap 2 day trip, even the £35 a night regular price would keep the cost down.

Where do you put your clothes?confused

NOT Provided

Telephone, Cupboard/Closets, Dressing table, Table, Chairs, Iron/ Ironing board

ripstheirthroatoutliveupstairs Wed 12-Oct-11 14:18:53

DH stayed in an easyhotel in London year ago. He didn't have windows but the worst thing for him was the orange colour.
I'd stay there for 2p and would have a go at booking. I don't have FB though.

Hulababy Wed 12-Oct-11 15:13:01

If you're only stayuing a night or two then you could just leave your clothes in your bag.

DreaduStudent Wed 12-Oct-11 16:17:43

I think it's a really good idea actually, there's been times when I've literally just needed a bed for the night, when I didn't need housekeeping, towels provided, an iron etc.

lurkerspeaks Wed 12-Oct-11 16:56:18

You get more privacy than in a hostel.

I'd definitely stay there.

I've had to stay in hostels in central london when money has been tight... the YHA is 21/night for an adult.

I'd rather eat a fabulous dinner or go to a great show than stay in a posh hotel.

Horses for courses.

roses2 Wed 12-Oct-11 17:07:24

They charge £7.50 to clean the room prior to your stay!

Room Cleaning - Add on*
Your room will be serviced prior to your arrival and after every third night. If you would like a daily housekeeping service during your stay, this is available at an additional cost of GBP7.50 per time.

lurkerspeaks Wed 12-Oct-11 17:28:09

No they don't.

They charge you if you want it cleaned every day during your stay

Read the information you have posted properly FGS.

Putrifyno Wed 12-Oct-11 19:59:24

I am probably totally alone in the idea that if I was going anywhere other than my nice comfy home, I would want towels and breakfast and windows. I am not posh and happy to stay in b&b/hostels/friends floor but I would NOT go out of my way for a 2p deal that included none of these things unless I absolutely HAD to.

Oakmaiden Wed 12-Oct-11 20:04:38

MY tent doesn't have windows either, and I am happy to stay in that. Plus they get really grumpy when you try to pitch it in the middle of London.

If I wanted to go to London for a short visit I wouldn't mind staying somewhere like that. Depending how noisy it is, of course...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now