Talk

Advanced search

to think that my frequent flyer miles should cover my infant-in-lap???

(7 Posts)
brdgrl Tue 11-Oct-11 23:38:49

Looking to book flight within the States when DD and I go over this winter. I have enough miles to get a free flight within the US, which is great! But when I go to make a reservation, it says I need 25,000 miles for myself (ok) - and 25,000 for my infant.

If I were paying cash for the flight, she'd be free.

So why in god's name should she pay in miles???

bastards.

anyone else ever run into this?

TastyMuffins Tue 11-Oct-11 23:41:11

Why would she be free if you paid cash? There's still the flight tax to pay on an infant. It may not be set up for infants without seats so try calling rather than using an automated system.

witherhills Tue 11-Oct-11 23:42:04

Did you just try to do this online, think if you phone them it might be different. It's nonsense, she's not taking up a seat!

brdgrl Tue 11-Oct-11 23:47:11

tastymuffins, i flew with her last spring and it was free, and the website still says that infants fly free. I did have to pay a percentage for the international flight last spring, but not for the domestic.

i have sent them an email. i wil try calling (but ugh, hate those calls, but guess i have to!)...fingers crossed it is just that the online system is set up poorly.

TastyMuffins Tue 11-Oct-11 23:55:18

IKWYM, I'm looking into a Christmas holiday but one company's website offers an online booking discount for each adult and not the child so when I try to book for 1 adult and 1 child, I understand it won't be 'kids go free', but to find the child is more expensive because they don't get the online discount is ridiculous.

brdgrl Wed 12-Oct-11 00:58:44

yes! it's like they do it intentionally to stop you being able to actually get the deals they advertise...

Morloth Wed 12-Oct-11 05:20:38

My lap infant is free on on Qantas FF flights.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now