Talk

Advanced search

to be utterly disgusted by the obvious exploitation of the UK Baby Beauty Queens by their mothers.

(40 Posts)
AnxiousElephant Tue 11-Oct-11 22:15:55

Well its only 10 minutes into the programme and I am completely vexed at a 7 yo having plastic surgery, a child being forced to wear contact lenses when it is clearly uncomfortable for her and basically the sheer shallowness of their beliefs.
How worrying for their self image if they build their lives on beauty........how are they going to feel as they age? Dealing with the normal process of wrinkles. It seems clear that the first mother was obsessed with her daughter making money and winning.........what happens to sporting competition and taking part?
Spray tanning and makeup = recipe for spots and an obsessi0on with fake tanning shock

worraliberty Tue 11-Oct-11 22:17:02

I can't watch these programmes as I end up wanting to Ninja kick the parents

ZombiesAtYourCervix Tue 11-Oct-11 22:17:10

what channel? i'm watching the delicious Jools Holland. But as I have a thing for toddlers and tiaras I cold be persuaded to flip over

AnxiousElephant Tue 11-Oct-11 22:22:37

Its on free view 'Really'.

Stupid bloody mother is busy telling her dd to smile when she clearly is hating having to practice a dance routine angry stupid pushy idiot!

MollieO Tue 11-Oct-11 22:25:13

Just turned over. Oh dear.

ScaredBear Tue 11-Oct-11 22:27:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ZZZenAgain Tue 11-Oct-11 22:28:06

what kind of plastic surgery at 7?

AnxiousElephant Tue 11-Oct-11 22:32:39

Turned out it was only ears pinned but FGS the mother was saying that she didn't want those ears for her dd shock what happened to unconditional love? sad. The mother made it clear that her dds ears were sticking out shock and made the dd aware sad.

I'm nicely welded into my judgy pants which are attached to my judgy seat! grin

MollieO Tue 11-Oct-11 22:37:06

Plucking eyebrows? wtf?

ScaredBear Tue 11-Oct-11 22:37:06

ScaredBear Tue 11-Oct-11 22:38:38

AnxiousElephant Tue 11-Oct-11 22:42:50

I know..... the plucking eye brows is barbaric........I can't even bare to have mine done now and I'm a grown up! Well almost grin I take the scissors to mine grin

I can't believe that mum contemplating the family going without for the sake of a pageant shock although I can see she has probably better reasons than the others for putting her daughter through that...... said she wasn't likely to succeed academically and wants her to achieve in something. I do have to question how she thinks it will build her confidence - it could go either way, especially if she comes last sad

Icelollycraving Tue 11-Oct-11 22:43:48

Team Madison?! The mum has been in magazines before,this is a very old programme. I found it a bit heartbreaking when the little blonde girl hoped no one would laugh at her sad
I don't find her mum too bad. The other two are living their dreams through their daughters & are pretty repugnant. I probably would have hounded my mum to enter me if they had pageants when I was little though!

ScaredBear Tue 11-Oct-11 22:46:14

Icelollycraving Tue 11-Oct-11 22:47:49

A lot! I would have been so jealous. I find Miss East Anglia most entertaining.

iceandsliceplease Tue 11-Oct-11 22:48:06

I can't watch programmes like this because it makes me want to push big things over. A synopsis would be welcome, and my subsequent seething will be small and localised.

MollieO Tue 11-Oct-11 22:48:57

Can't believe how much make up they are wearing. Sacha doesn't seem to be wearing any and looks the best out of the lot of them.

ScaredBear Tue 11-Oct-11 22:51:02

MollieO Tue 11-Oct-11 22:51:23

My ears are bleeding grin

MollieO Tue 11-Oct-11 22:53:05

Do you reckon these mums are MNetters?

ScaredBear Tue 11-Oct-11 22:53:17

Icelollycraving Tue 11-Oct-11 22:54:35

The blonde one is really pulling at my heart strings.

ScaredBear Tue 11-Oct-11 22:54:54

MollieO Tue 11-Oct-11 22:56:22

Least the winner wasn't plastered in make up.

ZombiesAtYourCervix Tue 11-Oct-11 22:56:55

is it wrong that i just laughed?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now