Talk

Advanced search

To think dh should go in the other room to take conference call

(51 Posts)
witherhills Tue 11-Oct-11 21:38:54

and not stay in lounge and expect me to stay quiet for an hour?
WTF?

Pseudo341 Tue 11-Oct-11 21:40:30

YANBU, how rude!

troisgarcons Tue 11-Oct-11 21:40:54

there is that aspect of course. Or alternatively you can expect your DP to be viewed as a total unprofessional fuckwit by his collegues/clients - and business go elsewhere.

Job security is the phrase you should be looking at.

pictish Tue 11-Oct-11 21:41:06

Yanbu! Fuck off elsewhere and do that!!

Kayano Tue 11-Oct-11 21:41:06

Perfect
Excuse for a hot chocolate, early night and a good book grin

IMO

pictish Tue 11-Oct-11 21:42:02

troisgarcons....err...what?

DogsBeastFiend Tue 11-Oct-11 21:44:20

I'd be singing and dancing like a fruitloop in the sitting room mighty pissed off. I appreciate that he needs to work whilst at home but would by singing and dancing like a child be pointing out that it's my home too and that I too had been working all day and thus it was reasonable to expect to relax without being silent in my own sitting room.

Let's just say he wouldn't dare do it again if he were my DH. grin

troisgarcons Tue 11-Oct-11 21:45:44

pictishTue 11-Oct-11 21:42:02

troisgarcons....err...what?

Conference calls irritate the shit out of me too. Fortunately I know that these things have to be done. They are instrumental to business. Business means salary. Salary means roof over our heads.

I could alternatively have a mardy and demand he fucked off to the shed OR I can be an adult and accept things are necessary to our family well-being.

witherhills Tue 11-Oct-11 21:46:46

Oh, not just be silent, but no tv

It's just another room troisgarcons, I'm not asking him to go out to the shed.

NinkyNonker Tue 11-Oct-11 21:46:47

Well yes, but couldn't be protect their family well-being and salary in the other room?

pictish Tue 11-Oct-11 21:46:48

Or he could simply go through to the bedroom?

witherhills Tue 11-Oct-11 21:48:06

Haha troisgarcons, xposted about the shed!

troisgarcons Tue 11-Oct-11 21:49:22

Op could go and watch Hollyoaks/strictly/emmerdale in her bedroom????

Business comes first. Sorry. Unless you want to lose your income.

NinkyNonker Tue 11-Oct-11 21:50:34

Maybe, like many people, she doesn't have a TV etc in her room. I know we don't intentionally. Unless there was some reason he had to sit there (technology, phone etc) then I think it was a little thoughtless.

HowlingWereWolfBitch Tue 11-Oct-11 21:51:33

YANBU.

DP tried to have a conference call in bed last Saturday morning. I was topless FFS! and there was something horribly odd about laying in bed half naked listening to a bunch of strange men talk business.

I just made loud fart noises until he left the room. Childish? Perhaps. Effective? Defiantly.

CaptainMartinCrieff Tue 11-Oct-11 21:52:40

It wasn't a conference call but I was talking to a colleague from home and 'disturbing' my DH's televisual viewing so he stood next to me and farted really loudly blush I didn't know what to do... Tell my colleague it was my DH, pretend it didn't happen, hope he hadn't heard? I was mortified. I no longer take work calls in front of DH.

witherhills Tue 11-Oct-11 21:52:45

We don't have tv in bedroom

pictish Tue 11-Oct-11 21:53:22

Business comes first? Fuck off. He's got you well trained!
He can do in the bedroom and not have everyone else in fucking stasis. Self important git.
No way....if conference calls are to be made then he can go elsewhere, where he can have peace, without making everyone else do a silent turn.
Not having that I'm afraid!

DogsBeastFiend Tue 11-Oct-11 21:53:35

Howling, I like your style! grin

CaptainMartinCrieff Tue 11-Oct-11 21:53:44

Oooh cross posts with a pretend garter! DH actually did the deed! blush

witherhills Tue 11-Oct-11 21:54:47

And I don't watch soaps, but I do have 3 x factors to fast forward through

He has a perfectly good front lounge to sit in

troisgarcons Tue 11-Oct-11 21:57:26

pictishTue 11-Oct-11 21:53:22

*Business comes first? Fuck off. He's got you well trained!
He can do in the bedroom and not have everyone else in fucking stasis. Self important git.*

Nah - actually its because we both come from business backgroudns and have an equal understanding of what is important to provide for our family...... OUR family.

My bedroom/Our bedroom is MY/OUR sanctuary "Private space" - not an extension of the office. I do realise that would be an anathema to some posters.

ColdSancerre Tue 11-Oct-11 21:58:10

YANBU I always take conference calls in the kitchen at the table. I would never expect DP to sit quietly and listen to my work crap.

That said Captain I'd have been fucking furious if my DP had behaved the way yours did. Does he not think you giving out a professional image is important?

ravenAK Tue 11-Oct-11 21:59:46

Why can't OP's dh conference call in the bedroom then troisgarcons?

pictish Tue 11-Oct-11 22:00:02

Needlessly sit in silence for an hour then, troisgarcons.
I wouldn't - I'd expect him to go elsewhere.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now