Talk

Advanced search

WIBU to have emailed a school regarding students I don't even know & threats of violence?

(5 Posts)
DirtyBat Tue 11-Oct-11 21:26:31

Through various mutual friends (I'm a young 'un dontcha know?) I have discovered that a 12/13 year old girl has apparently 'cried rape', and is recieving a torrent of abuse on her Facebook wall.

Some of the comments she is receiving are truly vile, threats of violence and wishes of sexual assault, as well as general bullying.

Now whilst I have no idea what actually went on, these messages have left me concerned for the girl's safety should she (and I sincerely doubt she will) go to school tomorrow.

I emailed the head outlining my concerns with a link to the girl's Facebook page, but now I'm worried I'll be seen as a busybody.

So, what would you have done, and WIBU?

badmummy101 Tue 11-Oct-11 21:28:30

i would have done the same, and possibly contacted the police.

helpmabob Tue 11-Oct-11 21:30:57

I think you did the right thing. Imagine how you would feel if something did happen and you hadn't alerted the head. Good for you

DirtyBat Tue 11-Oct-11 21:32:36

Thanks, I feel like a meddler, but I've heard of too many young people being bullied with horrific consequences to just ignore it.

DogsBeastFiend Tue 11-Oct-11 21:32:43

My child was severely bullied at school - I'd be a bloody grateful parent if you were reporting abuse and threats levelled at her. Well done you for caring and for doing something that many sadly wouldn't/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now