Talk

Advanced search

To hate it when mums address you through your child e.g; " Didn't mummy put a nice warm jumper on you?" etc.

(16 Posts)
toptramp Tue 11-Oct-11 18:33:55

In other words they are trying to say you are a shit mum. Makes my teeth itch. It is normally when my child is absolutely find too. grrrr

toptramp Tue 11-Oct-11 18:36:00

Not just mums but anyone but it seems to come especially from other mums. grrrrr again. It hasn't happened for a while or indeed very much but I'm amazed it happened at all.

bytheMoonlight Tue 11-Oct-11 18:37:04

Passive agressive to say the least

pictish Tue 11-Oct-11 18:38:53

Yanbu - I really hate this!

'Did your mummy not have a hat for you?'

Fuck off.

not just mums, try grannies too. Particularly my DS maternal granny angry. eg. when talking to DS when she has just given him his birthday present - "you are going to write a thank you note to me and Grandad aren't you?".

I have always made him write or do something for a thank you note and it will be me getting them done rather than twunty ex, so why say anything...

<breathe, smile, large wine>

KittyFane Tue 11-Oct-11 18:42:24

My mum does this grin !!
I scowl and tut at her like a stroppy teenager when she does it.
Not a good look.

BlueKangaroo22 Tue 11-Oct-11 18:44:08

yeah dps mother is like this, dont think she means anything by it, when shes crying whilst we are about to give her a bottle, she says "are they staaaarving you?"

No we fucking arent, fuck the fuck off. etc.

YouDoTheMath Tue 11-Oct-11 20:17:00

I just blatantly ignore it. They want a reaction, so do they get one? Do they feck.

DogsBeastFiend Tue 11-Oct-11 20:18:49

Agreed. Just being called mummy by adults is enough to set my teeth on edge!

worraliberty Tue 11-Oct-11 20:19:46

Just turn to the adult, look them in the eyes and answer them directly

Usually shuts them up

MumblingAndBloodyRagDoll Tue 11-Oct-11 20:19:59

My MIL used to do it.

"Ooh look...is Mummy cleaning the floor!?" said in a shocked voice.

When she came out with that one I had to have a word.

Megatron Tue 11-Oct-11 20:22:22

MIL does this. 'Aw will naughtly mummy not let you have any jelly tots' to my diabetic daughter. GRRRRRR

Woodlands Tue 11-Oct-11 20:23:13

yeah, it drives me mad even when it's not done in a PA way. I always feel like I should wait for the baby to answer. Eg "Ooh hello, what's your name?". I look at my child and realise they're probably waiting for me to answer... he's only 14 months old after all.

Anyone brave enough to look them in the eye and ask "Are you actually asking my Xmonth/year old <insert question> or are you trying to make a point to me?"

MollyMurphy Tue 11-Oct-11 20:24:17

I don't mind if someones just making conversation and saying something nice but YANBU if its a snide comment or criticism (ie my mother "oh mummy needs to cut your nails doesn't she" or "tell mummy you need more vegetables" etc etc) - then its right obnoxious.

Pishtushette Tue 11-Oct-11 20:27:46

YANBU. It really bugs me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now