Talk

Advanced search

to be absolutely dreading my boyfriend finding out...

(29 Posts)
OscarLove Tue 11-Oct-11 17:45:49

...that I bled on his bed! I came on quite a heavy period while sleeping over at his house, and unfortunately bled onto his sheet and through onto his mattress blush. I changed the sheets, said they could do with a wash seeing as they'd been on a week and we'd had lots of lovely sex, but what can I do about his mattress? It's going really well btw, and is 3 months into the relationship. He's a real sweet, caring man and i'm sure if he sees it he won't say a word, or may just joke about it, but inside i'm cringing like crazy!!!

CristinadellaPizza Tue 11-Oct-11 17:47:00

Just tell him! And buy him a mattress protector

Bohica Tue 11-Oct-11 17:47:12

Flip it.

Reality Tue 11-Oct-11 17:47:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SkinnedAlive Tue 11-Oct-11 17:47:24

Could you try stain devil and wash the stain out? I have washed cat sick out of my matress before

Bohica Tue 11-Oct-11 17:47:31

The mattress that is.

Salmotrutta Tue 11-Oct-11 17:50:30

Tell him - then tepid salt water and sponging the mark on the mattress, alternated with heavy pressure from a dry cloth, repeat as necessary will help to remove a lot of the stain.
If he's that sweet and caring he will be sorry you have been squirming about this smile

mummytotwoboys Tue 11-Oct-11 17:51:14

How embarrasing for you sad This happened to me in a really posh hotel, Flip the mattress and hide the evidence. grin and maybe next time sleep on a red beach towel.

BewitchedBotheredandBewildered Tue 11-Oct-11 17:53:20

The best thing to dissolve your own blood is your own saliva.
But yes, I would tell him and then deal with it.

paddypoopants Tue 11-Oct-11 17:57:50

You could always try the good news bad news thing.
'Hey new boyfriend I have some good news- I'm not accidentally pregnant.
Badnews- I've bled all over your mattress.'

NorkyPies Tue 11-Oct-11 18:00:43

Remove as much as you can, rub in bicarb soda, then turn it over.

violetlavender Tue 11-Oct-11 18:02:55

joke that he should be greateful you're not pregnant!

valiumredhead Tue 11-Oct-11 18:06:48

Salt absorbs blood - pile it on and then afterwards flip the mattress - or just tell him.

catgirl1976 Tue 11-Oct-11 18:09:05

1. Clean it
2.flip it
3. be less easily embarrassed

givemushypeasachance Tue 11-Oct-11 18:09:36

I had a period-related ishoo when staying at a fairly posh barn conversation with my parents, my sister and her boyfriend. There was never a spare 30 seconds without one of them being around in the open-plan living space when I could take the sheet to the sink or mess about with some sort of salt/cold water and a cloth to try to sort it out. I could haave coped with just my mum and/or sister but not her fairy new boyfriend or my dad... In the end I smuggled some stain remover oxi clean stuff from the separate laundry place and managed to make it look pretty much as good as new.

I would hate to be a chambermaid or cleaner in holiday accommodation and have to cope with all the sheets and mattresses that people don't even try to sort out before they leave!

givemushypeasachance Tue 11-Oct-11 18:10:18

*fairly new that should be, not fairy!

LittleWhiteWereWolf Tue 11-Oct-11 18:14:45

Don't be embarressed. Think of the bodily fluids being exchanged and secreted on said mattress during aforementioned lovely sex.

I say tell him the truth in a frank, heres-what-happend-I-dealt-with-it kind of way and get on with life.

DidYouSmashHerShireHorses Tue 11-Oct-11 18:21:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

beakinthebeeswax Tue 11-Oct-11 18:56:20

Tell him the truth. He will probably put his arm round you and say its ok.

These things happen (usually at the most inopportune moments)

CurlyhairedAssassin Tue 11-Oct-11 19:34:16

"The best thing to dissolve your own blood is your own saliva" Bewitched, I've got visions of her licking the mattress. grin

CurlyhairedAssassin Tue 11-Oct-11 19:38:38

OP, you're an adult, you can just tell him! smile

Same thing happened on holiday in France in self-catering place when I was 14. I just tried to ignore it, was too embarrassed to tell my mum. Then on the last day, I stripped the bed and realised that it hadn't faded (duh.....what did I expect), and that the maintenance people were coming round any minute to inspect everywhere before we got our deposit back. My mum came in to check all was ok and nearly died, going "You should have TOLD me!" and went mad trying to rub the stain off with some soapy water. 2 mins later the maintenance people came in while she was still trying to dry it off. I wanted the ground to swallow me up. I sloped off outside and tried to busy myself with packing the car up, even though it was already done.

YouDoTheMath Tue 11-Oct-11 19:38:45

This happened to me at BIL's - I got drunk and forgot the tampon. I don't think I'd ever felt so embarrassed as everything in their flat what minimalist and white (it was on their futon).

DP told him the next morning and he was fine.

It happens.

chocolateyclur Tue 11-Oct-11 19:45:16

It happens, and I would bet he'll be fine about it.

HappyHippyChick Tue 11-Oct-11 20:02:13

Use cold water to clean it, hot water will set the stain. Try not to be embarassed it is perfectly natural. I'm sure he'll completely understand if/when you tell him!

SpectralHarrassmentPandaPop Tue 11-Oct-11 20:28:19

De-solv-it spray stain remover from Tesco. Spray a bit on and rub it with an abrasive cloth. It is fab. I have used it to get blood off my mattress. It even got a decade old bloodstain out of my carpet! And it doesn't smell solventy just a lovely orangey smell.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now