Talk

Advanced search

To be very proud of my youngest sister?

(7 Posts)
DooinMeCleanin Tue 11-Oct-11 15:03:26

She suffers with anxiety and debilitating shynes and up until very recently wasn't able to do very much for herself. She still lived with my parents and had no plans to move out, despite being 25. She had a daft little part time job in a local pub and spent the vast majority of her money on fags and drink.

A few weeks ago she had a falling out with a 'friend' (I use that word loosly) who threatened to 'ruin her life'. Due to the stress of the situation adding to problems she was already facing and the difficulty she was having in dealing with the sudden death of a close friend, she was signed off work by her GP on reccomendation of her counsillor.

She has since moved in with her boyfriend, miles away from home and has a job interview tommorow for a new job in a new town. She's done it all by herself.

This is the same girl, who just a few months ago was texting me asking me to phone her take out food because she felt unable to pick up the phone and dial herself.

So AIBU to think she's doing fucking fantastically and should be very proud of herself and far from ruining her life her 'friend' has actually given her the kick up the backside she needed to actually start living life?

No other reason for this post other than a mini boast on behalf of my lovely sis.

CogitoErgoSometimes Tue 11-Oct-11 15:06:43

YANBU. Expect now that she's tackled this, she'll get extra confidence from the experience. Sometimes you have to be pushed in at the deep end to find out you can swim. Good on her.

AKMD Tue 11-Oct-11 15:09:06

Excellent. Send her bad friend chcolates.

DooinMeCleanin Tue 11-Oct-11 15:36:06

I like the idea of chocolates to the friend grin.

BelleEnd Tue 11-Oct-11 16:10:28

YANBU at all to be proud of your lovely sis- But YABU about the "daft little part time job in a local pub", in case anyone who reads your post has a part time job in their local pub. But you are forgiven because it's nice to see sisters being nice to each other. smile

DooinMeCleanin Tue 11-Oct-11 16:13:23

I also have a daft little part time job. Apologies to anyone who might take offence. None was intended. I just meant it was a part time job with no room for promotions or full time hours, not that there is anything wrong with those jobs either.

<puts spade down>
grin

mumsamilitant Tue 11-Oct-11 16:16:18

Just shows what leaving home can do smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now