Talk

Advanced search

Eggs!

(59 Posts)
minxofmancunia Tue 11-Oct-11 11:28:10

We get 18 eggs delivered once a fortnight, man across the road daughter has a farm so totally fresh and free range also cheap!

DH "has" to have an egg and bacon sandwich for breakfast every morning. I don't know what the feared consequence is if he doesn't but there you go hmm.

That leaves only 5 eggs for me and dcs for the rest of the fortnight so hardly any really, in fact only one meals worth.

AIBU to ask dh to eat less and have something different for breakfast ocassionally. TBH my annoyance about this is probably more to do with his bloody obsessional personality, ie having to eat the same shit all the time and freaking out/being really irate if things aren't "just so". Eg I bought a baguette for him and filled it with ham (only a certain brand mind) and rocket for him as specified but didn't take the doughy bread out of the middle to he took it all apart to rip the bread out as it was "wrong". Bloody rude IMO.

PaschaTheSlasher Tue 11-Oct-11 11:29:21

Can't you just get more eggs?

worraliberty Tue 11-Oct-11 11:29:24

Errrr buy more eggs?

I eat eggs and bacon every single day so I feel his need grin

Mandy2003 Tue 11-Oct-11 11:29:27

Does she not sell them in dozens? Two dozen would give you 6 more for you and your DCs!

mousyfledermaus Tue 11-Oct-11 11:30:13

order more eggs?
get dh to buy more eggs when you have used them up?
get dh to cook/prepare his own food?
leave the bastard?

eaglewings Tue 11-Oct-11 11:31:00

It's a great breakfast (egg not the bacon so much)

Buy more and copy his example

TheVermiciousKnid Tue 11-Oct-11 11:31:54

Yay, LTB! grin

squeakytoy Tue 11-Oct-11 11:32:04

bizarre....

duvetdayplease Tue 11-Oct-11 11:32:39

I'm with the first three posters, seems easy enough to solve.

I think the real issue is in the last paragraph?

HeadlessForHocusPocus Tue 11-Oct-11 11:33:10

Yes, leave the bastard grin

Or buy more eggs?

BeyondLimitsOfTheLivingDead Tue 11-Oct-11 11:33:19

Serious craving for bacon and egg sarnie now... Dont have any bacon though sad

I second buy more eggs? Though I feel for you having an obsessive DH, mine is a nightmare grin

PaschaTheSlasher Tue 11-Oct-11 11:35:22

I would tell him if he didn't like my baguette filling skills he could make them himself in future or shut the fuck up.

BeyondLimitsOfTheLivingDead Tue 11-Oct-11 11:35:29

<wonders if a fried egg sarnie with no bacon will satisfy said craving?>

<needs to shower before going to shop, but cant yet as DS is asleep on the settee>

minxofmancunia Tue 11-Oct-11 11:36:11

I know I could up the egg order by 6 but we always end up stockpiling them! grin.

before he started his breakfast ritual 18 eggs was just enough.

And he always leaves the egg pan in the sink unwashed...ffs.

aldiwhore Tue 11-Oct-11 11:37:41

You aren't buying enough eggs, therefore YABU. smile

I wish I could eat eggs, I love them, but they hate me.

squeakytoy Tue 11-Oct-11 11:38:17

Eggs will keep for ages.. just buy some more.

And leave the pan for him to clean. Put it in the oven out of the way maybe. He can use the same pan again the next day anyway.

minxofmancunia Tue 11-Oct-11 11:39:35

He's a bloody nightmare with his exacting specifications re food. So's his mother. i was told him it was really really rude when someone had made you a nice meal/snack to point out all the tiny little details that weren't "just so". he does it in restaurants as well. sometime if we're handing over a lot of cash it's fair enough but other times (harvester anyone 2 for £5) i tell him to shut the f**k up and just eat it.

He can also eat the same thing day after day after day. There's this dahl that i make that I used to love but now can't stand because he's insisted we eat it so often. I've just totally gone off it. Every week for 11 years.

nickelbabe Tue 11-Oct-11 11:40:15

yes, you have to get more eggs.
It's a good breakfast - harty enough to last until lunchtime.

(DH & I normally have a fried egg sandwich for breakfast too - this only differs if we've run out of bread)

and if you're stockpiling them, make them into cakes etc.
(useful for snacks)

or you could get 3 hens - you will get 3 eggs a day, which is plenty for your family. You'd be amazed how many things you can do with eggs. smile

nickelbabe Tue 11-Oct-11 11:40:46

(and you can freeze eggs too, remember)

Hullygully Tue 11-Oct-11 11:40:46

Phone Women's Aid immediately.

That is ABUSE.

GalaxyWeaver Tue 11-Oct-11 11:40:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PaschaTheSlasher Tue 11-Oct-11 11:41:26

How are you stockpiling them if you don't have enough now?

SharrieTBGinzatome Tue 11-Oct-11 11:42:34

Message withdrawn

ShatnersBassoon Tue 11-Oct-11 11:43:05

YABVU.

Let the poor bloke enjoy his butty without having you counting the eggs every morning. They're cheap and make him happy, so leave him alone.

notso Tue 11-Oct-11 11:44:01

YABU I hate eggs they are weird.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now