Talk

Advanced search

to think that I should be able to find an NHS dentist in the same county??

(5 Posts)
CristinadellaPizza Tue 11-Oct-11 10:56:12

I moved about a year ago from London to the seaside. I've finally got round to trying to register me and DS for a dentist. According to the NHS website, my nearest one is 30 miles away. Which is bad enough and not really doable for a quick check up.

What is particularly ridiculous is that it is 30 miles away by sea. Now given there is no ferry service, I'm wondering if I am supposed to hire a speedboat or something? By road, it's 95 miles.

FFS France is closer :mad:

Does the NHS not provide dental services any more? Are our teeth supposed to rot?

WoeIsMeAgain Tue 11-Oct-11 10:57:49

loads here in hampshire

CristinadellaPizza Tue 11-Oct-11 10:59:11

Perhaps I should have established that there were dentists before I moved? I am going to have to go back to my dentist in London aren't I? I am going to have to take DS out of school for a whole day to have a check up.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Tue 11-Oct-11 11:00:43

lol! We get that too! I live in South Wales and often get places in Somerset coming up as our closest type of service if I do internet searches!

I can see how frustrating this must be and YANBU but I'm not sure what your options are other than paying for Denplan or something similar.

CristinadellaPizza Tue 11-Oct-11 11:13:04

I have found one in the same county but it's 45 miles away. I might see if I can find people leaving the area and see if they'll tell me where they're registered so I can nick their place on the dentist's list

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now