Talk

Advanced search

Melanie Griffiths, oh ye gads!

(27 Posts)
Slacking9to5 Tue 11-Oct-11 09:33:47

www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2047468/Melanie-Griffith-shows-age-Best-In-Drag-Show-LA.html

AIBU to think this woman has utterly destroyed her face?

Balsam Tue 11-Oct-11 09:35:58

She does look a bit odd. Funny how trying to stave off aging can sometimes make you look worse than if you'd just let it happen.

valiumredhead Tue 11-Oct-11 09:36:59

She's not as bad as I was expecting tbh!

LeQueen Tue 11-Oct-11 09:37:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ripstheirthroatoutliveupstairs Tue 11-Oct-11 09:38:02

Her face is a lot thinner than before.
I wouldn't mind looking like her and I am only 47.

valiumredhead Tue 11-Oct-11 09:38:24

I think what is odd is the creases either side of her mouth - people who have face lifts only seem to develop 3 or 4 creases over time where as normally you just have your 'smile' line.

chandellina Tue 11-Oct-11 09:38:25

what's the big deal - i don't think she looks that freakish. Can you imagine every time your photo is taken someone is looking for the shot that makes you look a bit bizarre?

GetOrfMo1Land Tue 11-Oct-11 09:39:11

Same as valium - not as bad as I thought.

I don't think anyone ever should have anyting done to their lips.

But other than that - yes she has had fillers an botox, but she doesn't look as hideous as some.

Bless her - have always had a soft spot for Melanie Griffith. Love Working Girl.

WitchesBrewIsMyFriend Tue 11-Oct-11 09:40:01

ITs not her face that made me gasp, its her FEET!

Shakey1500 Tue 11-Oct-11 09:40:28

Wasn't as bad as I expected either tbh.

LaurieFairyCake Tue 11-Oct-11 09:40:28

It could be worse. It's a bit odd round the mouth and jaw but at least she's left the crows feet alone.

I think she didn't have a face that would age well at the beginning - she was stunning in her youth but by the time she got to her 30's she was starting to look older. It's all down to genes, someone like Joanna Lumley or Helen Mirren have been very lucky with the ageing process, poor Melanie hasn't.

LeQueen Tue 11-Oct-11 09:43:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ForkInTheForeheid Tue 11-Oct-11 09:43:38

How disappointing, clicked on your link having just read the thread title and presumed you were going to have a go at the DM for it's disgusting attitude to women as public objects to be rated by their attractiveness. But no, you wanted to reinforce their message that she looks weird.

Right... wanders away back to feminism forum in a daze.

pinkdelight Tue 11-Oct-11 09:43:56

The drinking and collagen were obviously not a great move, but who of us would really come out well from a young and old comparison shot? Just a shame she's part of a looks-obsessed industry. She's not that bad really, not worthy of a finger-pointing freakshow hate piece like this.

Slacking9to5 Tue 11-Oct-11 09:46:04

She made herself look weird, fork. She looked perfectly fine before she injected her face with fillers, her fore head with botox and plumped up her lips.

It's very much a feminist issue, that women in the public eye feel compelled to do this to themselves. If she's left well alone, the press wouldn't be poking fun at how awful she looks. If a man did that to themselves ( Simon Cowell) then they'd be held up to ridicule in teh papers too.

GetOrfMo1Land Tue 11-Oct-11 09:46:24

I think when she was younger she looked a lot like her mother, who was a beautiful Hitchcock blonde. I like her.

valiumredhead Tue 11-Oct-11 09:47:11

Oh Gosh - her feet!

Tbh I think unless you have REALLY good plastic surgery, then yes people do look 'weird.'

Sharon Osbourne had a fantastic surgeon but having seen her recently she looks like she's had one too many fillers. It's a very fine line.

DaydreamDolly Tue 11-Oct-11 09:48:30

She's only 54! She looks 10 years older. I'm guessing that's not the look she was going for.

RedBlanket Tue 11-Oct-11 09:50:22

She looks alright If she put a bit of weight on, she would need all the fillers in her face to plump it out.

ScarahStratton Tue 11-Oct-11 09:50:35

She was lovely until she started messing about with her face.

PerryCombover Tue 11-Oct-11 09:51:55

I think she looks okay and better than I would have predicted

Slacking9to5 Tue 11-Oct-11 09:53:33

Oh come on! She's only 54! She looks godawful!

ScarahStratton Tue 11-Oct-11 09:58:24

She looks like she's melting.

cheekeymonster Tue 11-Oct-11 10:15:58

That reminds me must go and get halloween costumes sorted

CleverClod Tue 11-Oct-11 10:41:10

She looks ten years older?

Come on!!!! She looks at least 20 years older. I'm exactly the same age as her and my face is nowhere near as lined as hers is. Those crows feet shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now