Talk

Advanced search

AIUB to expect the hem on my new and barely worn trousers not to drop?

(10 Posts)
warmandwooly Tue 11-Oct-11 07:22:36

I mean, would it be too much to expect them not to drop. I mean I wouldnt mind paying one pound extra for the hem to be stitched peoperly.

I have this problem all the time, tends to be next but that's maybe just becaus thats where I buy my trousers. I then get them professionally stitched, which is cheap, fine, but as you say I'd rather have just paid the extra to begin with!

mrsmummy84 Tue 11-Oct-11 07:33:28

Wouldn't happen to be from Next would they? I never get past the first wear with trousers from there before the hem drops and I have to re-stitch it. And as much as I like sewing I HATE hems!

I was about to ask are they from next. 2 pairs of work trousers this has happened to now. Not happy.

ColdSancerre Tue 11-Oct-11 07:39:50

I was going to ask if they were Next too. Always happens.

slavetofilofax Tue 11-Oct-11 07:49:02

Depends where you buy them from.

warmandwooly Tue 11-Oct-11 07:54:11

Nope not from Next. They are work trousers though. Just plain black basic trousers. Its annoying as to get them taken up correctly and professionally costs anything from in the three quid to the seven quid range.

Bossybritches22 Tue 11-Oct-11 07:55:41

YANBU.

Take 'em back- not fit for purpose!

Failing that I find wonderweb brilliant.

whackamole Tue 11-Oct-11 08:18:54

It is annoying, but I just wonderweb. Or just tack them with a bit of thread - they shouldn't need taking up if they were the right length to begin with?

startwig1982 Tue 11-Oct-11 08:25:21

£3 - £7? Sew the hem yourself!! Or failing that, post them to me and I'll do it for you (not having anything else to do with a 4mo grin) grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now