Talk

Advanced search

To be afraid of the wind?

(11 Posts)
MumblingAndBloodyRagDoll Mon 10-Oct-11 22:58:52

DH has just gone on night shift and I am left here buggering about working on my own with DC in bed.

The wind is scary. It's sending THINGS skittering around the garden....my stupid windchimes are clanging and the latch on the gate keeps lifting and the fence creaks and OH MY GOD I am so scared! shock

AIBU to be scared at my great age? I'm almost a dowager ffs.

Whatever they are.

blackeyedsusan Mon 10-Oct-11 23:00:52

put the radio on. it will distract you. in the deathly quiet of sleeping children and empty house all sorts of sounds can be heard. the plumbing noises scare the heck out of me. (also getting long in the tooth)

StetsonsAreCool Mon 10-Oct-11 23:02:39

YANBU. The wind kept me awake most of last night blowing through the letterbox, whistling through the gap in the bedroom window and generally Just Being Windy outside. I thought the rotary line was going to blow over and smash a window, or knock a fence down. Or blow the sky dish off.

Paranoid, me?

In my defence, it's the first time I've lived in a house and I'm still adjusting to the responsibility of all the extra stuff, let alone scary potential repairs that we've never had to consider before.

LadyThumb Mon 10-Oct-11 23:03:31

Are you my next door neighbour? Fucking windchimes and fucking gate!!!

Take the bloody windchimes down, if you have any neighbours they WILL be pissing them off angry

begonyabampot Mon 10-Oct-11 23:04:23

Must admit, I love the wind - it's amazing.

DogsBeastFiend Mon 10-Oct-11 23:05:29

It doesn't scare me but by coincience I was wondering whether others find it as damn creepy as I do. There's open farmland at the bottom of my street so the wind just hurls itself along, sounding like something out of an old English horror movie.

MumblingAndBloodyRagDoll Mon 10-Oct-11 23:07:24

I usually wrap them around themselves at night! I am too scared to go out!

I have to don't I?

Dogs....I used to go to a particularly bleak field near my home as a kid..it had tall thin trees all around...and I would go there just to freak myself out when it was windy!

MumblingAndBloodyRagDoll Mon 10-Oct-11 23:09:26

Got them! I ran. My neighbour has a lot to thank MN for!

Animation Tue 11-Oct-11 03:20:26

"Got them!"

grin

mrsmummy84 Tue 11-Oct-11 07:36:34

I'm scared when it gets really windy too. Not so much of the wind though as to the damage it could do iyswim. We had a big old oak tree that overhung our little cottage. I was always worried I'd wake up in the night to find tree through my roof! blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now