Talk

Advanced search

to send my DD2 to school tomorrow

(20 Posts)
gordyslovesheep Mon 10-Oct-11 20:18:45

after a week off

she started with D+V last Monday evening - ended up in hospital with (I kid you not) Dysentery / camylobacter - came home sat - no D+V since mid day sat

However today she has refused her tea (felt sick) and was crying when she went to the loo at 1pm (wouldn;t let me in but swore she had no D despite being in pain)

I work and if I am not there no pay (used my remaining leave last week) - as a lone parent I can't not be paid.

Do I send her given she is generally fit, well etc despite the nagging hmmmmm that she MAY have had the runs at 1pm?

troisgarcons Mon 10-Oct-11 20:19:46

YABU to contemplate sending her in.

Sorry.

Isn't there anyone who can help you out?

Rivenwithoutabingle Mon 10-Oct-11 20:20:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Kayano Mon 10-Oct-11 20:21:02

She may be realising too that her time of not being at schooland your attention may be having to come to
An end?

Depends on if she actually HAD D today iyswim?

TidyDancer Mon 10-Oct-11 20:21:07

I'm sorry, but I think YABU. I sympathise, but you really really can't send her in.

Bellavita Mon 10-Oct-11 20:21:44

It took my mum a long time to get over campylobacter.

She needs to stay off.

gordyslovesheep Mon 10-Oct-11 20:22:03

yeh I know - I get you and that was my concern - Hospital said she could go after 48hrs free of the runs - which she is (as far as I KNOW) however I suspect she may still have rumblings

ex may be able to have her tomorrow morning but not PM

I totally get the issue with vulnerable/immuno compromised kids x

SkiLift Mon 10-Oct-11 20:22:20

I can see your point that you won't be getting paid, but if the child is ill, and has evwen been in hospital with it in the last few days, i would not recommend her going to school, for the sake of herself, the staff and the other children.

herbietea Mon 10-Oct-11 20:22:33

Message withdrawn

NorfolkBroad Mon 10-Oct-11 20:23:32

Ummmm come on! Please do not send her into school. She has been ill enough to be in hospital for several days and even if she is not actually having D she will be feeling incredibly weak. It must be absolutely horrible for you with the work situation though, I feel for you. Is there any close family that could help?

ClartyScutter Mon 10-Oct-11 20:24:08

not just the risk of infecting others - she needs to be 100% fit after being so poorly

schools are like culture pots at this time of year (coughs and colds etc) and your DD will be at greater risk of picking up something and it turning quite nasty.

Marne Mon 10-Oct-11 20:24:14

YABU, if she's still in pain then she's not well enough for school, i can remember being very ill with d&v as a child, i damaged the lining of my gut and it took weeks to get over it (was still getting stomach pains and not eating). I know you need the money but your dd must come first.

gordyslovesheep Mon 10-Oct-11 20:25:33

no hospital for one night (Friday - out Sat)

she is bouncing off the walls with wellness and desperate to be back in school - I just have this tiny nag in the back of my head.

one more day it is x

Thanks x

gordyslovesheep Mon 10-Oct-11 20:27:20

My bloody mother moved 3 weeks ago (thankfully she was here for dd1's birthday Friday and stayed over with the other 2) my MIL is 74 and frail

ex will have to step up and do his bit !

ImperialBlether Mon 10-Oct-11 20:34:21

How old is she? How much do you trust her when she says she hasn't got an upset stomach?

gordyslovesheep Mon 10-Oct-11 20:36:34

she's 7 - and I normally would trust her but she was a bit cagey about it - and shifty ! so I think another day may be best - work are going to LOVE me!

MumblingAndBloodyRagDoll Mon 10-Oct-11 21:08:49

Why didn't you check the loo? Keep heroff tomorrow and check the loo!

gordyslovesheep Mon 10-Oct-11 21:14:38

she wouldn't let me !!!! I did try - she locked me out

ballstoit Mon 10-Oct-11 21:15:50

What sort of work do you do? Is there any way you can make the hours up, rather than not be paid? By working Saturday or a couple of evenings when hopefuly ex or a friend might be able to help you out.

Hope she's better tomorrow.

gordyslovesheep Mon 10-Oct-11 21:26:20

they may let me Ballstiot I will aks my LM - DD3 is only in nursery 3 days but again - ex might be able to help. Sadly it's Mon-Friday 8-5 so evenings etc not an option

I am on duty tomorrow morning - but can take comp/toil in the afternoon

Ex can have her in the morning as he's working from home - hopefully she'll but fine for Wednesday

thanks for the offer of help from a lovely MN'etter btw x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now