Talk

Advanced search

to ask you all for your stories of good news and good fortune from today?

(75 Posts)

Because i've had the most monumentally shit day and it's getting worse.

AIBU to want an american style peppy happy clappy style thread? Please?

electricalbanana Mon 10-Oct-11 19:12:47

i have had a lovely day!

my certificate from the Open University came today....hoorah

CMOTdibbler Mon 10-Oct-11 19:13:48

Ummm. <thinks deeply> Ah, my personal stash of creme eggs had remained intact for my chocolate need to be fulfilled.

The actual moment I am most proud of is not crying during physio.

tiredteddy Mon 10-Oct-11 19:14:55

Both my DS age 7 front teeth fell out and he is so excited about a double visit from the tooth fairy!
Also I am having a big operation in nov and my friends gave me the rota for cooking they have organised today! I am feeling very American and positive and "blessed" !

ButWhyIsTheGinGone Mon 10-Oct-11 19:16:15

I managed to work through a horrendous hangover without vomiting on anyone or falling over.....?

CotherMuckingFunt Mon 10-Oct-11 19:16:44

I listened to Eminem all day and a very high volume and danced like a twat. And as if it could get any better, the roofers didn't hit me once when they were chucking tiles and wood off the roof when I went out for smoke breaks.

Doesn't get much luckier than that.

Until I picked the kids up from school and dh came home and I decided I hate them all because they made a mess of all the tidying I did. But still...

SharrieTBGinzatome Mon 10-Oct-11 19:17:12

Message withdrawn

slartybartfast Mon 10-Oct-11 19:18:32

dh is cooking mmmmm.
it is liver and bacon which i haven't eaten for almost 40 years shock

but it smells good.

TattyDevine Mon 10-Oct-11 19:18:37

I took my daughter to the orthoptics dept of the hospital to check her eyes - she seems to have a squint.

She actually has very little vision in one eye because the brain has been cancelling it out and faviouring the other eye, which is also very long sighted but not quite as crap as the other (!)

She will need glasses, patching, and possibly an operation.

This is positive because she wasn't seeing that well and was such a happy well adjusted and dare I say it advanced child without intervention - imagine how happy she will be now this is sorted.

The good fortune is living in a country where experts can detect this problem and solve it with no money exchanging hands at the point this happens.

What a wonderful world grin

gigglepin Mon 10-Oct-11 19:20:22

Weeeeel, i sold an item on ebay, jsut as i was thinking about how shite it is, and how i have had no luck seeling owt!
Chuffed to bits, added to the fact that i was subject to a bidding war for my item...made me feel spesh oh and of course "blessed" grin

suiledonn1 Mon 10-Oct-11 19:22:32

I managed something today that a year ago would have defeated me due to PND and anxiety. I organised both dcs, got out of the house on time, got dd1 to school and drove to an unfamiliar place and attended a social occasion. DD2 was a perfect angel all day, I was relaxed and smiling.

This time last year I would probably have got as far as getting dd1 to school, panicked about everything else and slunk off home feeling guilty.

Sorry your day was crap. Hope better things await you tomorrow.

These are great, keep them coming!

Sharrie blush it's just how I am. Celebrate the small things smile

QuietNinjaZombie Mon 10-Oct-11 19:24:23

I asked if ds could go to nursery for another half day so I can do my home learning course and they called back today and confirmed it's all ok. Am very excited about studying and hoping it'll lead to starting a business eventually.

suiledonn Thats a hell of an achievement! grin

ScarahStratton Mon 10-Oct-11 19:25:32

My kettle broke yesterday. This morning I rang Dualit and they are sending me a new one. grin

It's well out of guarantee, too.

Rivenwithoutabingle Mon 10-Oct-11 19:27:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ElectricSoftParade Mon 10-Oct-11 19:28:19

I found a pair of black boots which are just perfect for me. The best bit of this was they were in a charity shop, with the tags still on priced at £120.00. The brilliant charity shop was charging £15.00.

I have worn them since I got home and keep admiring them. I am very pleased.

MrsWembley Mon 10-Oct-11 19:30:13

My 3mo DS rolled over (several times!!) today. gringrin

<figures this is an invitation to get a stealth boast in>

Onemorning Mon 10-Oct-11 19:30:34

A friend of mine cancelled our drinks this evening. That's great because I'm feeling rough and I came home from work and have been sitting in my jammies for a couple of hours.

And it gave me a great excuse to cancel tomorrow's spin class grin

Avantia Mon 10-Oct-11 19:31:47

Dog went to vet - expecting HUGE vet bill - computer was not working couldn't print invoice etc so didn't have to pay . grin

Go back on Thursday for check up - no doubt computer will be working sad

AfternoonDelight Mon 10-Oct-11 19:35:24

My car passed its MOT first time today! Not bad for a 10 year old car grin

PreviouslyonLost Mon 10-Oct-11 19:35:27

Found some forgotten Supermarket vouchers to the value of £60, which will handsomely help feed the small army of relatives and friends due to descend in a week's time. I'm thinking a MAGNIFICIENT roast something or other.

But in itself that only slightly offsets blowing up my beloved laptop with the merest accidental splash of red wine on the screen hinge, and my purse being stolen a few weeks ago...what's the emoticon for [gutted]?

Hats off to you GeneralCustardsHardHat (NO pun intended) for soldiering on through a same old shit, just varying depths day and still asking for the good news stories...you're not JESUS are you? grin

Your OP made me smile, cheers.

p.s suiledonn1...your post made me smile too.

smokinaces Mon 10-Oct-11 19:37:05

ooooh, I had good news today.

I won £200 John Lewis voucher from the Dolmio thread grin So for the first Christmas in years we wont be confined to a £5 a person budget for presents, and I can shop without a) debt and b) guilt.

And add to that a wonderful friend with 2 wonderful teenage sons are giving me their DSs for my boys for their main Christmas presents - all for the cost of a couple of cinema vouchers. Am made up, as no way could I afford 2 new and now with the £200 i can get them a new Mario game each too.

So I am full of the joys of Spring grin

latrucha Mon 10-Oct-11 19:37:14

Spent the day being the kind of mum I want to be but haven't felt able to be for ages because of bereavement.

Keeping my fingers crossed tomorrow is almost as good.

herbietea Mon 10-Oct-11 19:40:21

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now