Talk

Advanced search

9 weeks pregnant and I can feel my baby moving.... AIBU/daft? is it gas? is it twins?

(68 Posts)
ditziness Mon 10-Oct-11 17:57:36

i am currently 9 weeks along with my second child and i swear i have felt movement already and have been feeling it for two weeks. its light enough that only i can feel it and its normally when i'm laying down in bed at night, but having been through this before i know the difference between gas and a baby movement. It feels exactly like the first taps and flutters, and is in my pubic area.

Just felt it just now, sat down on the sofa and knocked back a cold pint of water (just finished big bike ride and am knackered. And then a minute later, movement down low on the left hand side above my public bone. Feeling like insistent wriggling. Like something trying to get comfy.

I've been feeling it since 7 weeks. First time in bed at night. Not sleeping well, so turned over in bed onto other side and straight away and wriggling against my pubic bone. Last night before I went to sleep I was just lying feeling it for half an hour or so.

I really don't think its gas, I know what gas feels like, and I'm not particularly gassy just now either. This gas would have to be vanishing inside me because it's not coming out, if you know what I mean.

Maybe I'm further along than I thought? Maybe i'm nuts? Maybe it's twins? (any twin mums have an opinion?) AIBU to think I've felt my baby from 7 weeks?

CustardCake Mon 10-Oct-11 18:00:07

Its probably the ligaments twanging and stretching. They hold the womb in place and they move around at this time as they become more elastic in pregnancy

Either that or it is wind (also increases in pregnancy!)

I think it is possible to feel early movements from about 12 weeks onwards but not really before.

AgentZigzag Mon 10-Oct-11 18:00:30

I can't remember what week it was, but I felt DD2 moving about much earlier than I did DD1.

I know I was surprised to feel her shifting so early, maybe it's partly because you know what it feels like, whereas with your first you just put it down to a fart brewing grin

whackamole Mon 10-Oct-11 18:02:04

At 9 weeks even if twins they would be the size of a baked bean so you wouldn't feel it.

I have twins BTW! Congratulations on your pregnancy.

lubeybooby Mon 10-Oct-11 18:02:33

YABU

You can't feel it at 9 weeks. It's wind... it does very weird things. There are barely any nerve endings inside the womb and a 9 week embryo hardly moves.

ohbabybaby Mon 10-Oct-11 18:04:54

If you are sure it is baby moving, are you sure you are only 9 weeks?

Dirtydishesmakemesad Mon 10-Oct-11 18:06:38

I swore blind that i could feel my second baby at 11 weeks, but not 9 i dont think. The others have been much later, dc5 i am currently 20 weeks and only just feeling very faint movements now for some reason! nothing at all before 18 weeks. Congratulations on your pregnancy.

ditziness Mon 10-Oct-11 18:14:19

I'm pretty sure of my dates, although I suppose it's possible to be wrong. I get my scan at the end of the month so I'll find out then.

I felt dc1 at 13 weeks. but yes I've been researching it and yes it seems as if it's agreed it's not possible to feel this early, but the more it happens the more I feel like it really is the baby.

If I had a baked bean wriggling somewhere I'm sure I'd feel it.

And it really doesn't fee like wind. I've had IBS and know very well what my intestines and colon feels like. And It's not stretching pains. It's not sore, and it's tapping and wriggling .

Weird.

THANK YOU all heatily for the congratulations!

NoobyNoob Mon 10-Oct-11 18:41:21

YABU - 9 weeks is far, far too early to feel anything.

usingapseudonym Mon 10-Oct-11 18:43:21

I thought I did too but when you think about how tiny it is (cells - baked bean size) it really isn't baby moving (unless dates are wrong) BUT I found it exciting to think it was the uterus/ ligaments getting bigger/stretching still.

pommedechocolat Mon 10-Oct-11 19:23:11

The mw told me that you start to feel movement when the uterus pops out from behind your pelvic bone which tends to happen faster with second and further children than first.
Congrats!

ditziness Mon 10-Oct-11 19:29:54

well i'm showing already, got a definate bump. also been tireder and sicker than previous pregnancy.

I know it sounds nuts, but I'm pretty convinced.

Since feeling it when I started this thread I haven't farted. Can gas just dissapate? surely it would have come out by now if I felt it about 530pm?

SnapesMistress Mon 10-Oct-11 19:33:46

I think you must have got your dates wrong. grin btw congratulations on your pregnancy.

isthisweird Mon 10-Oct-11 19:36:08

YABU

ditziness Mon 10-Oct-11 19:57:59

i can't wait for my scan to see what's going on. I'm either a month further along, or it's twins or i mistook my superman for my husband 9 weeks ago

Now I've just done a couple of farts, but I definately felt them before they came out and it feels different. It feels bubbly and like gas when it's gas, and I can felt it moving towards my bottom. Not like the feeling of a baby, which is more a kinda wriggly vibrating tapping sensation in one discreet area with no accompanying farty after party.

I'm sure I'm not going to convince anyone, but I feel like I'm going nuts and i'm not going to tell people in real life because they'll think i'm an idiot. So I might just keep waffling here each time it happens

droves Mon 10-Oct-11 20:02:20

it could be dates wrong and a multiple pg , bet its triplets ! grin

congrats btw .

GossipWitch Mon 10-Oct-11 20:06:18

I felt ds2 at 13 weeks, I just found out I was pregnant...

ditziness Mon 10-Oct-11 20:16:34

triplets? eeeek. is that possible without fertility treatment?

lindsell Mon 10-Oct-11 20:23:06

I'm 9wks with my second too, I've had some odd feelings but def nothing like a baby so envy! If you're showing and carrying forward then I guess maybe it's possible.

ditziness Mon 10-Oct-11 20:23:33

just happened again . Felt like a vibration and a wriggle, it's just about the left hand side of my pubes and I can feel it inside , kinda feels like it's at the top of my vagina. really surreal feeling lasted about 30 seconds. no fart yet

ditziness Mon 10-Oct-11 20:24:14

hey lindsell, describe your odd feelings to me?

WhiteTrash Mon 10-Oct-11 20:28:59

I felt ds1 at 14 weeks and ds2 at 12 weeks. I make fairly big babies so that might be why, that and how accuratw are dates..... Really?

Id say youre futher along.

Ive had beans 3 days running and Ive not felt any of them.

Cutelittlecatlover Mon 10-Oct-11 20:54:28

I felt ds (dc1) move at 11 weeks, no one believed me but I know what I felt! I'm now 14 weeks with dc2 and have been feeling wriggles and kicks for the last week or so.

I would say yanbu, no one knows better than you what you are feeling.

Congratulations!

Childpatch Mon 10-Oct-11 20:57:27

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

ditziness Mon 10-Oct-11 20:58:12

if i was a month further along then tit would make more sense wouldn't it?. My last period was on the 8th August, so if that was implantation bleeding and not actually a period, then how many weeks would that make me?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now