Talk

Advanced search

AIBU for public loos to have in addition to signs saying engaged and vacant..

(19 Posts)
warmandwooly Mon 10-Oct-11 16:52:13

To have one that says..leave for a little while s its a bit whiffy?

CauldronsTrulyReign Mon 10-Oct-11 16:53:00

huh?

TalcAndTurnips Mon 10-Oct-11 17:14:20

Yes - it would be very helpful to have an automatic LED system that could flag up a number of issues such as:

- This one's out of bogroll and/or has less than three sheets adhering to the cardboard inner

- Skidmark alert

- Unknown object (possibly of human origin) floating in pan

- Sanitary/mooncup disaster area inc. illegal packaging flush failure

- Blocked, with approximately two and a half rolls of piss-soaked wadded up paper

- Giant high-fibre turd stuck in u-bend. Avoid at all costs

- Pebble-dashing/projectile vomiting residue

- What the fuck is that?

- Just don't. Walk away. Your eyeballs and olfactory system will thank you and you won't have to suffer flashbacks during lunch

It would also give cleaning staff an at-a-glance guide to what needs sorting, and if any protective clothing might be needed. A very good addition to one's enjoyment of public conveniences, I think.

warmandwooly Mon 10-Oct-11 18:29:59

TalkandTurnips- i like your suggestions! I always seem to go in the rather pongy ones when I am bursting for the loo!

Mardymwahhaha Mon 10-Oct-11 18:31:28

Not to mention, some bastard's pissed on the loo seat again!

MissPenteuth Mon 10-Oct-11 18:33:39

Can we have one that says "it wasn't me, it already smelled like that when I went in"?

Byeckerslike Mon 10-Oct-11 18:35:17

Miss, definitely that one!

SuePurblybilt Mon 10-Oct-11 18:36:15

And a 'why would you wipe it on the wall?'

TalcAndTurnips Mon 10-Oct-11 18:54:11

- No, apparently you can't flush a disposible nappy after all

- Warning: Small Floating Pebble-Style Turds that refuse to flush - next occupant may hold you responsible

- Possiblity of webcam installation; keep face covered at all times to avoid ending up on Crimewatch/Youtube

- Evidence of recent sexual gymnastics - please use next cubicle

LadyClariceCannockMonty Tue 11-Oct-11 12:25:13

Definitely want warmandwooly and MissPenteuth's suggestions! grin

PissesGlitter Tue 11-Oct-11 12:28:50

omg i have not laughed so hard in a long time
thank you

warmandwooly Tue 11-Oct-11 17:21:59

Also a sign that says..i might lock properly i might not..beware..

TalcAndTurnips Tue 11-Oct-11 17:36:58

Good one, warmandwooly - have we not all perfected that gentle push with one finger; bracing ourselves for the embarrassed back-slamming of the unlockable door?

I'd also like to be warned about:

- Do not attempt to enter; feet braced on back of door for improved security and increased leverage for chronic constipation

- No toilet brush within. Lay a pan-blocker and you're on your own

- The Management will accept no responsibility for the safety/sexual satisfaction of any convenience user who decides to respond to a mobile telephone number advertising hand relief or any other service of a carnal nature

Jacksmania Fri 14-Oct-11 00:26:07

I so needed warning like this on Tuesday. Was sat waiting at Dr's and needed to a nervous wee and stepped into an almost solid wall of heave-inducing stench in cubicle.

BARF!!!!!!

cambridgeferret Fri 14-Oct-11 20:06:58

How about one of these as mandatory in every toilet?

www.presentsformen.co.uk/caution-cone-prod8480/

needanewname Fri 14-Oct-11 20:11:03

How about 'think Glastonbury.....'

stubbornstains Fri 14-Oct-11 20:25:00

What about "You will find using the bushes behind this building infinitely preferable to using this cubicle"?

LostInTheWoods Fri 14-Oct-11 20:26:40

Another poo thread...

cambridgeferret Fri 14-Oct-11 20:29:40

wasn't there a sketch on Not the nine o clock news where there were messages flashed up as the bloke took a crap in the airplane toilet?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now