Talk

Advanced search

AIBU about selfish arseholes parking on zigzag lines in front of school...UPDATE

(5 Posts)
lolaflores Mon 10-Oct-11 15:52:10

All much better now. High viz jacket staff outside being assertive. No offenders recently. Thought I would let folk know about the power of nagging. School very happy to help and took quick action.

gordyslovesheep Mon 10-Oct-11 16:11:13

wish you could get the school by my work to care - we have tried

parents double park all the way up our drive, block exits, damage staff cars and run over (child hight) traffic cones without looking - even double yellow lines doesn't stop em - sadly I think the serious injury of a child might be what it takes x

lolaflores Mon 10-Oct-11 16:17:15

I think if enough people get onto the school it can make a change. I believe that it is part of the Every child matters ethos, a safe environment for children and if outside the school isn't safe they are failing. See how that runs past the OFSTED people

gordyslovesheep Mon 10-Oct-11 16:20:32

their argument is it's nothing to do with them as it's off school grounds. The issue arrises from the new school being built (on the playground of the old one) they put an entrance off our drive way - FOR STAFF. There is a barrier which was supposed to be at the entrance to the driveway but was put further up at the school gate - so parents now drive up and park - even though they have a drop off point at the other entrance and ASDA car park to use (1min walk away)

parents are abusive to staff, I have been sworn at and other staff members racially abused

it's awful

PigletJohn Mon 10-Oct-11 16:35:48

the school near me has recently had the zigzags beefed up with some bright new "no waiting between nn and nn" signs, and the traffic wardens walk down the road from the high street from time to time.

I only noticed the signs after I walked past and was stunned to see the street was not crammed with cars as usual.

Well done council!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now