Talk

Advanced search

Youtube

(6 Posts)
tripletrouble Mon 10-Oct-11 10:33:44

AIBU to not want my 9 year old to post video's on Youtube? His friends came for a sleepover on the weekend and all they wanted to do was make videos on their phones to post on Youtube. I was very taken aback- had not expeced that at all!What does everyone else think about primary school children having Youtube accounts?

CogitoErgoSometimes Mon 10-Oct-11 10:36:52

Not good. 9 is too young to know what's appropriate and what's inappropriate. There are good reasons why Facebook etc, is not recommended for the under 14's and posting videos of yourself is one of them. If they want to film each other and share it, help them transfer it to DVD and they can watch it on TV with friends. Not strangers...

squeakytoy Mon 10-Oct-11 10:41:00

too young.. definately.

In fact I would go as far to say, kids that young should not have phones with camera or video facility on them, it just invites trouble.

Thingumy Mon 10-Oct-11 10:43:24

My ds has made videos,with our supervision and we hold the password.

Beyblade and lego type tutorial vids without him showing his face.

I don't think he would ever thing about a 'sleepover' vid <geekykid>.

I don't think a primary school child having a youtube account is necessarily a bad thing but it would need to be supervised imo.

BlueKangaroo22 Mon 10-Oct-11 10:54:59

I think you should take a deep breath and calm down! It is highly unlikely that anyone besides their mates will even view it!

Thingumy Mon 10-Oct-11 11:06:50

arf blue,think ds's vids have 8 views on them and that was probably dh making sure he'd uploaded it correctly grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now