Talk

Advanced search

to ask who the fuck left the freezer open!!!!!

(25 Posts)
electricalbanana Sun 09-Oct-11 21:33:01

just been to the fridge and SOMEONE has left the freezer slightly open.....

and now it wont shut

shit

shit

shit on it

oldraver Sun 09-Oct-11 21:35:13

Do you have my DB living with you ? He left my freezer door open TWICE and defrosted the contents. The third time he turned the plug off at the wall

I wanted to kill him

AuntiePickleBottom Sun 09-Oct-11 21:35:29

Get something heavy to either put on top or prop against.

Is it ice that is preventing the door shutting then get your hair dryer and melt the ice

thisisyesterday Sun 09-Oct-11 21:35:44

well i wouldn't shit on it.

why won't it shut any more?

susiedaisy Sun 09-Oct-11 21:38:33

Get a knife and prise off the extra ice around the door

WitchesBroomForMyChin Sun 09-Oct-11 21:40:15

Haha shit on it! Friday night dinner was ace grin

electricalbanana Sun 09-Oct-11 21:40:55

the drawers have iced over and now i will have to chip the ice off the front of them.

(and shit on it is my favourite swear phrase at the moment)

DontGoCurly Sun 09-Oct-11 21:40:58

or stab whoever left it open!

troisgarcons Sun 09-Oct-11 21:41:37

Oh grow up - a freezer can be left 16 hours.

Stop hissy*fitting and shut the bloody door.

electricalbanana Sun 09-Oct-11 21:42:14

witches.....oh yes....great programme....but a bit scarily like my own mum and dad

TalcAndTurnips Sun 09-Oct-11 21:43:09

It wasn't me.

I have solid alibis.

electricalbanana Sun 09-Oct-11 21:43:09

thankyou troisgarcons....i will suck it up and take it on the chin.

ChuffMuffin Sun 09-Oct-11 21:46:30

probably me the same annoying invisble twat who repeatedly leaves ours v slightly ajar

WitchesBroomForMyChin Sun 09-Oct-11 21:46:52

Also I accidentally left the freezer door slightly ajar for a door and a half last week, wasted all the breast milk I'd spent hours expressing and ruined a whole freezer full of food. I was very angry at myself. It really is annoying but so easily done.

electricalbanana Sun 09-Oct-11 21:48:18

Mr Banana is sorting it out.....me thinks he is the culprit as he offered.

depob Sun 09-Oct-11 22:22:41

You are not supposed to chip the ice off. Use a hairdryer and a t towel to mop up. Takes 2 minutes.

PigletJohn Sun 09-Oct-11 22:30:29

take all the food out and double wrap it in blankets or crumpled newspaper in a bin-bag

then defrost the freezer

don't chip at it

If it is a frost-free freezer, then the air passages inside the back panel are probably blocked now, and it will not work again unless you have left it, switched off and door open, for at least 24 hours.

You might have to eat all the meat and fish if it has gone soft. However you can cook it, and refreeze the cooked dish. Eat all the ice-cream tonoght before it melts.

AllGoodNamesGone Sun 09-Oct-11 22:38:24

Argh! Happened here on boxing day a couple of years ago.

Trouble was it really needed defrosting and I had been meaning to do it for aaaaaaaaages and, to shut it, you had to shove the drawers in really hard, otherwise they stuck out slightly due to all the frost build up and the door stayed open half an inch.

I ended up defrosting it fully while everyone else watched telly. Of course they all denied it was them who left it open (I think it was DH)

Grrrrrr!

babycham42 Sun 09-Oct-11 22:43:10

Not me. I have a problem with freezer doors.Tis on my pre-bed checklist to check freezer doors are pushed in and door is shut on firmly.

(too many similar situations from DD's getting Nobbly Bobbly's and not shutting door properly...)

whomovedmychocolate Sun 09-Oct-11 22:47:26

I kept doing that blush so we got one with an alarm which whoops for up to 12 hours if you do. Unfortunately so does the washing machine and tumble drier so I just ignore the whole bally lot these days hmm grin

cece Sun 09-Oct-11 22:52:10

I expect it will have been my DS1 blush sorry.

Get a wallpaper stripper tool to get rid of excess ice. Shut door and forget. smile

I do this a lot!

startail Sun 09-Oct-11 23:15:07

SORRYblush it was me and DH has already defrosted our fridge because I left that ajar and the back wall iced.

ReebleBeeble Mon 10-Oct-11 00:55:58

Gosh, this thread takes me back to the days when me and my 5 siblings still lived at home...
"Muuuuuuuuuuum, whats for diiiiiiiiinneeeer?"
"Oh, everything. One of you little bastards left the freezer open again."

We called them freezer parties. Good times were had by all.

Except Mum.

GreenMonkies Mon 10-Oct-11 01:00:33

The same little darling that has left mine open several times in the last few weeks. Defrosting the bladdy thing is now on my list of exciting ways to kill time on my day off....

spamm Mon 10-Oct-11 01:07:00

I used to hate when it happened - but our new freezer gets very angry and beeps repeatedly at us when we leave it open. Very annoying when you are trying to organize it, but I suppose it is very helpful, as this does not happen any more.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now