Talk

Advanced search

To think those stupid bastard pencil sharpeners that have containers for the sharpenings should be fucking banned?

(17 Posts)
fluffythevampirestabber Sun 09-Oct-11 17:28:03

Especially the battery ones with the humungous fucking containers

especially since I just knocked one off the table onto the floor and all the fucking sharpenings are fucking everywhere

Trills Sun 09-Oct-11 17:29:14

Hoover?

fluffythevampirestabber Sun 09-Oct-11 17:29:39

I know Trills but they're everywhere

<<wails>>

purpleturtletoise Sun 09-Oct-11 17:30:56

YANBU

My DC use them to distribute pencil sharpenings throughout the house.

HarrietSchulenberg Sun 09-Oct-11 17:30:59

YANBU. And while you're at it can we ban hole punches that horde tiny discs of paper until they can spew them out en masse?

giraffesCantDookForApples Sun 09-Oct-11 17:31:46

Not helpful but I have just opened this and the font has changed, gone all "courier" font. Hmm.

Anyway yes I remember the big purple geeks ones people had at school.

fluffythevampirestabber Sun 09-Oct-11 17:32:23

Oh yes I did that the other day Harriet when I was rushing out to uni and wanted to punch some printouts. All over the fecking sofa.

I fondly remember Grandpa Stabby sharpening my pencil with a knife. Neatly. Directly into the bin.

DogsBeastFiend Sun 09-Oct-11 17:46:06

Put the shavings into the bed of the person who left the sharpener in such a position that this could happen and who knocked it all over the place. grin

Oh.

It was you, wasn't it Fluffy?

Ah.

Best get the Dyson out quickly then. smile

fluffythevampirestabber Sun 09-Oct-11 17:49:47

No.

It was DD2.

She was making cards. Which are beautiful I have to say. She got some cheapy stick on motif thingies in Poundland (butterflies) and has done a gorgeous card for DD1 birthday

(she did fancy writing in pencil til she got it right then went over it with a pen iyswim?)

But she didn't put the stuff back in the box and I just shoved it to the back of the table to work earlier must've put in right on the edge and when I lifted my books it fell off.

Bastarding thing.

It's all hoovered up but I need a wine to console myself

wink

HeidiKat Sun 09-Oct-11 17:56:10

One of my work colleagues told me that at her last office she emptied the hole punch into one of her colleagues umbrellas as a prank so that when it rained and she went to put the brolly up she would get a shower of small paper discs grin.

fluffythevampirestabber Sun 09-Oct-11 17:58:11

Heidi that is excellent

grin

HappyHippyChick Sun 09-Oct-11 19:02:35

Last year when ds1 started junior school a pencil sharpener with a container to collect sharpenings was specified on their stationery list - this year when ds2 started they were banned! I wonder why!

fluffythevampirestabber Sun 09-Oct-11 19:04:24

I bet the pencil shavings went bloody everywhere.

And you know they are sneaky fucking bastards them shavings they are.

Bugger to hoover up ;)

DogsBeastFiend Sun 09-Oct-11 19:05:34

Ah well, there you are then.

Into DDs bed they go! grin

fluffythevampirestabber Sun 09-Oct-11 19:06:14

DBF - that would be fine. If I could see her bed under all the crap precious cuddly toys

grin

oldsilverbullet Sun 09-Oct-11 19:21:52

And it wouldn't be so bad if they actually sharpened the pencils, instead of just making shavings <<throws out more of DS pencils that have just been sharpened away to the stub and they still arn't usable>>

fluffythevampirestabber Sun 09-Oct-11 19:27:21

Do you know what the worst thing is?

"Santa" brought it. Last year. Because it had a battery thingy and was in Tescos for buttons to fill her stocking.

which means I bought the fucking thing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now