Talk

Advanced search

Quite frankly, I don't care if I am..

(9 Posts)
Mupski Sun 09-Oct-11 15:33:10

My Daughter has been ill for over a week, doc said it's a viral infection. Both hubby and I now have the lurgy too.

She is over the worst now but is still a slimy snot ball with a horrid cough. She wants 100% mummy time (understandably as she feels like poo) and has taken to climbing onto me and then emitting a high pitched sort of whine whilst pointing at everything she would like brought to her or she would like to be carried to. I feel like shite and am knackered after a week of it.

So, I've locked myself in the bathroom, Instructed hubby to take her out for a bit of fresh air, and I plan to stay here indefinitely. Actually I hope that by the time I get out, hubby will have prepared our dinner too.

Yes, a little unfair as he is poorly too but by God I feel like I've done my fair share this week.

That's it.

ChippingIn Sun 09-Oct-11 15:36:09

YANBU

She will be fine with Daddy.

Daddy maybe unwell too, but he hasn't been caring for her all week and you are unwell too - you deserve a break.

Some fresh air will be good for them and will quite possibly prolong her life expectancy grin

Mupski Sun 09-Oct-11 15:47:28

They are back and I'm still in the bath. Haven't even actually washed yet. Just topping up the hot water and reading Mumsnet!

NoobyNoob Sun 09-Oct-11 15:49:26

Hmm, as he's had the lurgy too, YABU to dump her soley on him.

TheOriginalFAB Sun 09-Oct-11 15:49:55

He has only been out for 15 minutes?!?!

Mupski Sun 09-Oct-11 15:58:10

TheOriginalFAB in fairness it was longer, I was in the bath for a while before I posted the message. He's done well and actually took the dog along too.

NoobyNoob you may well be right but I like ChippingIn's response better.wink I'm not dumping her forever BTW... just the foreseeable future grin

BarkisIsWillin Sun 09-Oct-11 16:08:07

YANBU but you are BU to post from the bath - isn't that dangerous?

Mupski Sun 09-Oct-11 16:25:52

Ah but I'm on an iPhone not a laptop (or PC which would be quite a complicated arrangement I'd imagine). Although I could drop the phone into the bath I suppose and, whilst I would still be alive, I would be most upset at the loss of an uninsured phone.

Well I'm now clean and DD is having a nap so I feel it's time to emerge. I do feel a lot calmer and hopefully the fresh air and sleep will have done the little lady the world of good too.

WilsonFrickett Sun 09-Oct-11 16:27:09

YANBU although you would have been if you'd dropped your iphone in the bath grin. Hope everyone's feeling better soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now