Talk

Advanced search

to wonder if Indian take-aways put laxatives in their food!?

(6 Posts)
BeyondLimitsOfTheLivingDead Sun 09-Oct-11 12:26:01

blush

I eat a lot of spicy food, a lot of curry, a lot of chilli, mainly vegetarian, so my body is used to spice and fibre.
BIL is Indian so sometimes proper authentic Indian cooking. And my dad likes a HOT chilli, so if I eat there it's prepared to silly levels of burniness!

And it's not as if a takeaway is a RARE treat, we have a couple a month (from different takeaways too, so it's not just a dodgy restaurant?)

So why does it have this affect on me? blush

mousymouse Sun 09-Oct-11 12:32:17

because it is full of fat=laxatives

ClaimedByMe Sun 09-Oct-11 12:35:21

Take away curies have the same effect on me, i have narrowed down 2 take aways that dont and they are posher more expensive and actual resturants! Must be somehing to do wth quality!

valiumredhead Sun 09-Oct-11 12:40:19

Yes they are full of fat, but could be because you leave the rice out too long. Are you careful about not re heating it/leaving it out for more than an hour etc?

Groovee Sun 09-Oct-11 13:00:11

could be the rice rather than the spices

Ghee butter is a common ingredient in Indian food and can cause runny bums. My husband suffers every time we eat out in an Indian restaurant...doesn't stop us though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now