Talk

Advanced search

Stop with the t-shirt links please.

(32 Posts)
Dexifehatz Sat 08-Oct-11 19:26:19

Ibid.

gruesomerottingteeth Sat 08-Oct-11 19:28:15

I agree, its just giving them more hits on their website which is pointless.

ElderberrySyrup Sat 08-Oct-11 19:32:12

it's not pointless if it ends up with some actually being taken off the market. And some progress is being made with at least one of them in finding a way to do that, I believe.

they will be getting website hits but it won't translate into sales.

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe Sat 08-Oct-11 19:32:12

Sadly I think this is true. If I were the director of that company, I'd probably put 'sold out - more stock due soon' notifications on the items... letting people think that they were popular. Nobody has any idea of how many have been sold.

I don't think anybody needs to be told not to buy them... decent people wouldn't anyway and others who would buy them wouldn't care what anybody says anyway. <shrugs>

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe Sat 08-Oct-11 19:34:45

How do you know that, Elderberry? You have no idea what sales are or aren't going on? Nor what stock levels are either. There may have just been one or two of each design and the website's exposure has now been meteoric with so many people expressing outrage. It IS all publicity and a company like that isn't going to care if it's good or bad, it will capitalise on as many hits as it can get.

Proudnreallyveryscary Sat 08-Oct-11 19:38:45

God I agree OP. It's a bit like those hysterical/cheesy Facebook status diatribes.
It is totally giving them publicity and I agree Lying, most people would be disgusted in RL and wouldn't buy them.

Trills Sat 08-Oct-11 19:43:11

YABU becauseyou have not asked an AIBU question.

YANBU to be fed up of t-shirt threads but it's easy enough to hide them and they do generally say what they are about in the title.

Proudnreallyveryscary Sat 08-Oct-11 19:45:38

You really do live up to your reputation Prefect Trills, I love a bit of consistency!

A1980 Sat 08-Oct-11 19:45:48

I once saw a t-shirt that said "Jesus is a cunt"

I saw the funny side and considered that it should have said "Jesus was a cunt" given that he's long dead.

It's a only a t-shirt. I doubt many people would buy or wear it. I wish people would stop peeing in their pants about how appalling it is.

Bellavita Sat 08-Oct-11 19:46:21

Thread about a thread... Not good form.

If you have a problem, post on the thread.

Proudnreallyveryscary Sat 08-Oct-11 19:47:06

A1980 - but Jesus lives on in our hearts and in the spirit of the father etc, so surely the tee shirt was tense correct?

A1980 Sat 08-Oct-11 19:49:51

Hilter's memory lives on and he remains in our minds a tyrant, etc.

You wouldn't say Hilter is a cunt, you'd say Hitler was a cunt.

Once someone is dead, it's "was" IMO.

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe Sat 08-Oct-11 19:50:14

There are already TWO threads on the t-shirt subject so what difference a third, Bellavita?

bakeyouhappy Sat 08-Oct-11 19:50:52

The shirts were created to be controversial. "Any publicity is good publicity." Links TO the offensive shirts are not discouraging them, hence the mumsnet one.

Birdsgottafly Sat 08-Oct-11 19:52:31

Jesus isn't dead though, he has just passed out of his mortal body, to be precise (that's if it's THE Jesus and not just any Jesus).

Bellavita Sat 08-Oct-11 19:53:27

Lying What difference does it make to you what I comment on?

Proudnreallyveryscary Sat 08-Oct-11 19:53:32

Ah but Hitler was a cunt, Jesus (probably) wasn't.
And Jesus Lives according to the handmade poster outside my local church.
I myself am a devout atheist who couldn't give a rat's buttocks either way.

DesperatelySeekingSedatives Sat 08-Oct-11 19:57:29

YANBU best way to show disgust for something, like say, these t shirts is vote with your feet and not buy them. End of. Instead that website has had loads of (free) publicity.

rycooler Sat 08-Oct-11 19:59:37

Yanbu - ££££££ of free advertising and mass exposure.

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe Sat 08-Oct-11 20:00:11

Bellavita... I couldn't care less. YOU commented about the thread about a thread. I commented that there were TWO threads already on the subject.

catgirl1976 Sat 08-Oct-11 20:05:16

Totally agree OP - wish I had never posted on that other thread. Really annoying, short sighted and jsut giving them loads of air time and publicity.

Cassettetapeandpencil Sat 08-Oct-11 21:21:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

picnicbasketcase Sat 08-Oct-11 21:23:18

Well, I've never seen him.

Cassettetapeandpencil Sat 08-Oct-11 21:28:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

worraliberty Sat 08-Oct-11 21:31:18

What does Ibid mean? confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now