Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To be totally miserable tonight?

(20 Posts)
yaimee Sat 08-Oct-11 18:40:11

I'm 30 weeks pg and have just been diagnosed with gestational diabetes.
Just feeling completely fed up with everything. I'm incredibly bored and all my mates seem to be going out and doing lovely exciting things, my dp went out last night, has been out all day and is going out again tonight, no tv, so no x factor and I can't even have a bar of chocolate to cheer me up sad

ScaredBear Sat 08-Oct-11 18:42:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

duvetdayplease Sat 08-Oct-11 18:47:02

Sorry you're feeling miz, totally understandable. Hope things look up tomorrow - time to start lining up friends and rellies to come and keep you company?

GreenMonkies Sat 08-Oct-11 18:49:25

That's just rubbish, I'm not surprised your pissed off. YANBU at all.

fluffythevampirestabber Sat 08-Oct-11 18:50:22

Can't you watch x-factor on the i-player or whatever the itv equivalent is? On the computer?

fluffythevampirestabber Sat 08-Oct-11 18:51:20

Shit posted too soon.

But it's rubbish big pants. Not surprised you're pissed off. Sit on here all night and get virtually drunk with the rest of us lushes wink

blackeyedsusan Sat 08-Oct-11 18:51:21

hmm, sometimes a piece of fruit just does not cut it.... and even that has got sugar in.

where is dp and why is he off out so much? jammy sod

yaimee Sat 08-Oct-11 18:52:01

Aww, thanks everyone, just needed a big moan really. I feel better already! And good idea fluffy, will see if I can do that :-D

yaimee Sat 08-Oct-11 18:53:39

Going out with his uni mates :-S
Mmmm virtual drunk!!

Allboxedin Sat 08-Oct-11 18:56:33

aww, 30 weeks pregnant is the worst bit. A couple more weeks and you will be geared up for your LO while your mates are wasting their lives away drinking and spending money grin
No TV is a bit poop though!
I'm 38 weeks pregnant and waiting, tired and a wee bit bored today as DH has taken our LO out for the day.

actiongirl1978 Sat 08-Oct-11 19:01:34

I was diagnosed borderline GD when 36 wks with DD. I used to make pancakes (so flour, milk, egg) and eat them with banana and greek yoghurt. It felt like a lovely pudding treat but with no sugar.

I hope your evening perks up. Do you have any good old books kicking around? Make some lovely food, get a well thumbed fave off the bookshelf and have a bath.

blackeyedsusan Sat 08-Oct-11 19:01:41

does he go out without you a lot or is this weekend giving a misrepresentation of normal life? it is rubbish when you can't even have much of a treat feast at home.

hope you get the computer set up for tv.

KittyAnne Sat 08-Oct-11 19:10:24

Ah that sucks yaimee but I'd suggest enjoying the peace and quiet while you can. ;) If you have a decent internet connection, you can watch TV (legally) on TV Catchup http://www.tvcatchup.com/

My friends are all out on the absolute piss tonight too. (I'm 12 wks pg).
I've got FOMO (fear of missing out).

fluffythevampirestabber Sat 08-Oct-11 19:13:19

Kitty - that's a great link, never heard of that one before - means DD could watch on her laptop and I wouldn't have to get her a TV!

yaimee Sat 08-Oct-11 19:14:49

He's not always out or anything, most weekends we do stuff together during the day and he might go out on an evening one of the nights which is fine, I don't begrudge him that at all and to be honest I'd feel a bit sorry for him if he ended up in with me tonight as I'm so grumpy! Just feeling a bit sorry for myself but I'm sure I'll cheer up soon, might try the pancakes, they sound yummy!

ShroudOfHamsters Sat 08-Oct-11 19:15:37

Yes watch it on iplayer. And the pancakes sound a fab idea, as does the bath.

Sometimes, when no chocolate is available, I can (if I think hard enough) convince myself that what I really want is some lovely buttered toast and tea. Doesn't always work, but sometimes works magnificently. Worth a try...

onmythirdglass Sat 08-Oct-11 20:06:12

You need to start doing your own baking and use Splenda (not an advert I promise). Tastes like sugar, works like sugar, but it is ok for diabetes, low carbing, whatever. You just replace cup for cup or ounce for ounce splenda for sugar and it works fine. Also, sorry you are feeling cr**.

featherbag Sat 08-Oct-11 20:18:24

I was diagnosed with GD at 29 weeks, baby then arrived early at 32 weeks and is now 6 days old. I literally had to have some chocolate, and found Morrison's 'The Best' 85% cocoa dark chocolate didn't put my blood sugar up at all, and is so rich you can't eat more than a few squares anyway! Basically there's so much cocoa in it there's very little sugar. You can also have low-calorie hot chocolate, I bought loads of different flavours of Options sachets, that's really good for satisfying sweet cravings!

yaimee Sat 08-Oct-11 20:47:40

Thanks both of you! And Feather, that's so exciting, congratulations!! xx

MsVestibule Sat 08-Oct-11 21:01:14

Ah, that sounds crap. But never mind gestational diabetes - I'd be far more concerned about the lack of TV. Where is it???! Seriously, all the best with the baba. Is it your first?

<big hug>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now