Talk

Advanced search

to be sick of the BBC weatherman going on about "the heatwave we had across the UK last weekend", it bloody pissed down in Scotland, we are in the UK too, BBC!!!

(13 Posts)
ssd Sat 08-Oct-11 12:16:19

sorry for the bloody, but when you stood last weekend twice, watching your kids play football in pissing rain and horizontal gales, its a bit galling to hear the BBC describing the whole of the UK meaning from Preston downwards

up the BBC thats what i say

BruciesDollyDealer Sat 08-Oct-11 12:20:42

move to a more civilised place then smile

ssd Sat 08-Oct-11 12:22:22

bugger off smile

glasgow is tres civilised, y'know

lesley33 Sat 08-Oct-11 12:22:26

They do the same if other parts of the UK aren't hot you know. Remember someone in Wales complaining about this when rest of UK was warm - including Scotland. It isn't an anti Scotland thing you know - although there is I think a London bias

ssd Sat 08-Oct-11 12:23:32

you're probably right

gits

ChaoticAngelofSamhain Sat 08-Oct-11 12:24:40

grin Yes, we had a lovely heat wave here last weekend but you'll be pleased to hear that we're back to winter conditions now wink

Salmotrutta Sat 08-Oct-11 12:28:21

You need to be watching the BBC Scotland weather ssd.

Much more appropriate (even if the weather girls all seem to fall pregnant within weeks of starting)

And Cat Cubie's (think I have her name right!) outfits are very entertaining.

AmberLeaf Sat 08-Oct-11 12:29:52

... or when the weatherman is going on about snow and my children get all excited not knowing that the only place it will snow is in scotland and up a welsh mountain. grin

It can work the other way round too!

Joolyjoolyjoo Sat 08-Oct-11 12:31:29

It irked me somewhat too! Heatwave??? I was so drenched picking the girls up from school on wednesday I looked like a shiny black seal! Absolutely drookit, I was. maddening to be constantly hearing people chirping about the "UK" basking in this wonderful weather hmm

aldiwhore Sat 08-Oct-11 12:36:24

It was hot, it was shit, I had my autumnal knitwear all ready to roll...

It NEVER snows here... every year I want to throw things at the telly, shout at Scots etc etc., Its never really hot here either, and every year I mock londoners for weeks (for any reason I can think of at the time).

We have a micro climate of dull.

Actually, that's BS really, we had 3 weeks of freezing fog and a hawfrost that froze our 1cm of snow and 3 days of blistering heat that rotted all the falling fruit within hours making the whole bloody area smell of cider and sloppy pear.

I LOVE moaning about t'weather, I hate it hot, hate it too cold, don't like rain, cloudiness is dullness, and the sunshine hurts my eyes. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Salmotrutta Sat 08-Oct-11 12:42:42

grin - we have snow in the Cairngorms apparently.

ShellyBoobs Sat 08-Oct-11 13:15:41

The whole thing pisses me off.

Why do weather people get so bloody excited about a heatwave anyway?

It's like it's the greatest thing ever to happen to the world. Like hell it is, I bloody hate hot humid weather like we had last weekend.

I just don't get the whole, 'the hotter the better' thing. Those poxy BBC weathermen stood there grinning like Cheshire cats as they describe how wonderful it will be that the maximum will be 29C and the minimum 18C. As if that's going to be so fantastic when no one can sleep at night due to how muggy it is. angry

(sorry for the rant grin)

Bearskinwoolies Sat 08-Oct-11 13:42:02

It was officially 'hot' here in Fife for a couple of days last week...a whole 24c! However this came with a humidity level of 74% and was just awful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now