Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Katy from 'I can cook'

(20 Posts)
PIMSoclock Sat 08-Oct-11 10:42:02

AIBU to want tie her her back and slap her chops with a wet fish??
Why is she sooooooooo annoying???

PIMSoclock Sat 08-Oct-11 10:42:35

tie her *hair back
she makes me too annoyed to type angry

sarah1002 Sat 08-Oct-11 10:49:43

I quite like her when she's doing the continuity, not when she's cooking. Her punky jean turnups and boots scare me slightly though, bit skinhead innit

babybythesea Sat 08-Oct-11 11:03:18

Saw her at a live thing last summer. Before then, I'd be annoyed by her. But she was brilliant - had a big group of kids (with quite a big age range) all eating out of her hand (not literally, obviously). Got them all involved in a re-telling of fairy tales, with songs, and another singing session with songs suggested by the kids that she accompanied. Now, I'm a fan!

SayCoolNowSayWhip Sat 08-Oct-11 11:04:19

YANBU - she's like nails scraping down the blackboard of my soul......

But DD loves her so <sigh>

PIMSoclock Sat 08-Oct-11 11:05:55

Saycool, they always like the most annoying people...
I dont have anything personal against justine, but Mr tumble on the other hand angry

DreamsOfScream Sat 08-Oct-11 11:09:25

I want her apron.

Not because I can cook, you undrestand, but it would look lovely hanging in my kitchen grin

SayCoolNowSayWhip Sat 08-Oct-11 11:29:53

Actually the person I really cannot bear to watch, and turn the channel over when the programme comes on is Mister Maker. <Shudder> Just can't bear it.

Fixture Sat 08-Oct-11 11:31:12

YABU. She's an excellent children's entertainer - bright, friendly and approachable. She has a first-class degree, and runs storytelling workshops and a children's choir. No, I don't know her, but I think she's a good presenter. Of course she can seem OTT to us, but kids love the shows, don't they?

DreamsOfScream Sat 08-Oct-11 11:31:42

<<bear hugs SayCool>>

Where you been? thought you must have name changed

SayCoolNowSayWhip Sat 08-Oct-11 11:34:13

<Sniffs and wipes tear from eye>

Thought no one had missed me.....

<Hugs Dreamsofscream back>

Been doing the RL thang.... <Shudders>

Should be doing it now really but sucked back into MN.... <sighs and puts feet up>

ReindeerBollocks Sat 08-Oct-11 11:34:24

I hate her show so YANBU

But I quite like her when she is presenting. Scrap that, I tolerate her better when she is presenting. I am not a fan of any of the CBeebies presenters.

Georgimama Sat 08-Oct-11 11:35:07

I love her.

ebbandflow Sat 08-Oct-11 11:40:10

When she is presenting Cbeebies she always laughs after every line-that is really annoying.

Fo0ffyShmooffer Sat 08-Oct-11 11:57:41

She might be fantastic with lids I just don't think she comes across well. For some reason she seems a little like someone is keeping her there cooking at gunpoint and the children are an irritating addition.

ScaredTEECat Sat 08-Oct-11 12:16:38

You mean this apron?

I think she is pretty over the top with her 'friendliness' on I Can Cook, but I can see why kids would like her.

DreamsOfScream Sat 08-Oct-11 12:42:38

Ooo, you can buy it! doesn't look quite as bright as katys thoughhmm

I think this is a bit more colourful

SayCoolNowSayWhip Sat 08-Oct-11 12:45:58

<Snurk> at "fantastic with lids".

Freudian typo if ever I saw one... grin

oldraver Sat 08-Oct-11 14:30:21

I cringed when she did her 'rap'

GeraldineAubergine Sat 08-Oct-11 15:19:12

'I am a triangle!' is going round in my head since seeing mr maker mentioned. Curses!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now