Talk

Advanced search

... to be offended by the language in this Daily Fail article?

(8 Posts)
FermittheKrog Sat 08-Oct-11 10:16:09

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Red2011 Sat 08-Oct-11 11:12:44

Not only is it an incredibly dull article, it is also smug, sanctimonious and littered with errors such as "...empty cans of tuna...".

Crap paper. I usually use second-hand ones to mop up cat piss. I find feline urine greatly improves the quality.

missymarmite Sat 08-Oct-11 11:28:29

I read almost half way and lost the will to live. YANBU.

Trills Sat 08-Oct-11 11:58:33

Is some of your OP a quote?

I don't see any part of what you have quoted that is offensive.

Why did you highlight that bit about the son who was doing circus classes. I think it's perfectly valid to say "I run circus skills sessions for SN children", it gives more information about what he does than just "I run circus skills classes" (it's probably intending to make him sound extra kind and noble in his calling)

BruciesDollyDealer Sat 08-Oct-11 12:16:27

(I hate this paper, anything to show what utter twats they are:

so why read it. why give them the satisfaction of knowing they have a large readership.

there was an article on the radio yesterday about an "offensive" facebook page and they were all ringing in clutching their pearls in horror about this page. Of course half of them hadnt even seen it, and the other half had had to go out of their way to look at it and be offended. Someone phoned in and made that point that they went out of their way to horrify themselves, actively searching for it knowing they would find it distasteful and said, well the best thing to do is to not look at it if it offends you. How true.

harrietlichman Sat 08-Oct-11 12:19:28

Trillls - I think it is saying that ALL Cornish classrooms are SN classrooms. In which case, very offensive, so YANBU.

Trills Sat 08-Oct-11 12:20:01

It's a good question - how did you come across this article?

There's nothing in the title that makes me think "even though this is a paper whose writing I generally dislike, I should click on this and read it"

FermittheKrog Sat 08-Oct-11 17:55:31

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now