Talk

Advanced search

To ave had to shop in Morrisons?

(42 Posts)
ThoseArentSpiritFingers Fri 07-Oct-11 18:42:43

nothing against them, perfectly good supermarket, OH works there so I even get a 10% discount, but was still gutted that I had to do my shopping there.

Im trying to collect the tesco vouchers for the 70% off pans, and have 7 (need ten to get the discount) and the offer is quickly running out.

I went in to tescos to get a couple of things while taking OH to work, and ended up spending £23, and all I could think was 'could have got one voucher for that....'

ThoseArentSpiritFingers Fri 07-Oct-11 18:43:13

aorry thats meant to read, 'I went into morrisons

fuckityfuckfuckfuck Fri 07-Oct-11 18:44:12

You know, with the money you spend getting the vouchers, you could just buy the pans outright.....

maristella Fri 07-Oct-11 18:45:14

I love shopping in More Reasons grin

Just buy the pans!

ThoseArentSpiritFingers Fri 07-Oct-11 18:45:52

I know that, but I need to get the food so would be spending that anyway, wheras the pans are a luxury IYKWIM?

mumnotmachine Fri 07-Oct-11 18:48:29

Oh balls, I chucked three out yesterday in the recycling been in my purse for weeks.
Didnt think to ask if anyone would want them

Smokedsalmonbagel Fri 07-Oct-11 20:35:42

I've got a couple.
PM me and I will stick them in the post!

AgentZigzag Fri 07-Oct-11 20:41:14

But Morrisons are brilliant for salads and bread, and it's a well known fact their doughnuts are the best ones this side of Texas.

YABU smile

southeastastra Fri 07-Oct-11 20:44:20

do you want my vouchers? pm me and i will have over 10

ThoseArentSpiritFingers Fri 07-Oct-11 21:07:26

thank you smoked and south, have PMed you about your fantastic offer!

I might be able to get my pans after all thanks to you lovely ladies!

maristella Fri 07-Oct-11 21:24:56

Agent so true about their doughnuts... mmmmmmm!!!!!!!

DizzyDummy Fri 07-Oct-11 21:33:42

Morrisons is the best supermarket EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Fri 07-Oct-11 21:34:21

So, after all is said and done, should I break up with Sainsburys considering the financial shit we (me and DH) are in, and start dating Morrison?

An unashamedly mini-hijack.

troisgarcons Fri 07-Oct-11 21:34:52

Nice salads. Mozarella is to die for.

cakeoholic Fri 07-Oct-11 22:20:58

I was given a token a couple of weeks ago and told "you only need one now instead of ten" ???

Yourefired Fri 07-Oct-11 22:24:29

I love morrisons. I got inappropriately joyful in the mushroom section last week after realising they had 8 varieties. Good luck with the pans.

GoodAndBluts Fri 07-Oct-11 22:26:25

Morrisons do yummy lemon muffins mmmmmmmm

Trills Fri 07-Oct-11 22:34:41

I don't understand the question.

Are you being unreasonable to have had to shop in Morrisons?

If you had to do something then surely it is neither unreasonable nor reasonable, simply necessary?

Trills Fri 07-Oct-11 22:36:08

with the money you spend getting the vouchers, you could just buy the pans outright

Yes fuckity, and when something is on buy one get one free instead of buying the first one and getting the second for free you could just use your money to buy the second one instead.

OhMyGolly Fri 07-Oct-11 23:07:39

Oh I so miss Morrison's, the doughnuts are indeed the best, the cakes are so nice. I also miss getting sausage egg chips and beans from the cafe <drools a bit>.

allagory Fri 07-Oct-11 23:26:15

Our Morrisons has gone all posh. It's got 6 types of chilli peppers and exotic veg in a Gorillas In the Mist vegetable stand. They are building a sushi bar. They saw reblochon in the cheese counter. I am not sure I wouldn't rather continue getting a pack of baby wipes in a big yellow packet for 35p.

AnyCorpseFucker Fri 07-Oct-11 23:29:26

Morrisons is fab

The sausages
The cakes
The doughnuts
The curries
The pasta ready meals

I know my diet is not actually great, but you can't beat 'em

southeastastra Fri 07-Oct-11 23:30:38

our morrisons is shite and i base that assessment on buying four ready cooked chickens in four weeks

AnyCorpseFucker Fri 07-Oct-11 23:31:35

grin @ sea...why did you keep doing it then ?

Jackstini Fri 07-Oct-11 23:31:48

I chucked at least 20 of those tesco pan vouchers in the bin the other day - sorry, will save next lot and see if mners want them.
Much prefer Morrisons tbh but just needed some more Cosmos vouchers for next years holiday blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now