Talk

Advanced search

in thinking that starting a thread with the words...

(13 Posts)
hobnobsaremyfave Fri 07-Oct-11 18:19:25

"I'm a newbie be gentle with me!"
whilst posting in AIBU
Is a one way ticket to inviting all the hellfires of mumsnet wrath to pour forth upon you grin

ClartyScutter Fri 07-Oct-11 18:21:10

and quite often by a regular who is sporting grin

FearTricksPotter Fri 07-Oct-11 18:21:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

hobnobsaremyfave Fri 07-Oct-11 18:21:58

or one of the band of trolls comedians we have on here these days hmm

LadyThumb Fri 07-Oct-11 18:22:01

Yep - pretty much, but not always (depends on the content, and some people are really nervous of AIBU!).

I'd far rather they said that, than start a post with "so, I was........" or "so, I said to her".

Shutupanddrive Fri 07-Oct-11 18:34:07

And then they get offended if anyone disagrees with them. Why ask Aibu if you don't think you are, or will listen to anyone else who dares say otherwise?

SauvignonBlanche Fri 07-Oct-11 18:35:43

It's like a red rag to a bull!

hobnobsaremyfave Fri 07-Oct-11 19:00:44

There just seems to be a LOT of it going on at the moment....so either we have acquired a whole bunch of shrinking violets.....or........

BatsUpMeNightie Fri 07-Oct-11 19:01:34

No - it's just one idiot.

hobnobsaremyfave Fri 07-Oct-11 19:02:57

I had kind of mitmooed I mean guessed that grin

scottishmummy Fri 07-Oct-11 19:12:26

invite to the missy marple crew to see who shouts troll first

ooohh please another bovine thread,
seriously though there does seem to be a strange spate of comedy posts at the moment, however as a not so recent but still quite new and learning the proper etiquette poster, it would be really useful to have a rules for newbies welcome when you sign up so that the genuine op in need is not totally flamed for their NN or some other quichey 'error' <ducks>

I meant another bovine thread as in smile great by the way not oh god not another!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now