Talk

Advanced search

to think that enough is fucking enough

(11 Posts)
Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Fri 07-Oct-11 17:58:55

I had a missed miscarriage last month.

The day of the ERPC (D&C) our landlord rang to say he was selling the house we are in so we will have to move. We have been here for 8 months.

We paid an admin fee for a house we liked, but lost it because of the affordability criteria (they considered my taxable income, not "turnover" and disregarded DH's regular monthly bonus and reimbursement of travelling expenses when considering his income - only his very basic salary was taken into account).

I have to put my studies on hold because we cannot afford it.

I have lost half my monthly income due to circumstances beyond my control (self-employed as a childminder and two kids have moved away).

DH is having his regular monthly bonus and travelling expenses cut by his employer as of the end of this month.

DH renewed his phone online and mistakenly (i know it was a mistake) landed up paying over £400 for a phone when he thought it would only be £25 a month. So the £400 odd was whisked out of the account PLUS there is a monthly fee of £25.

I am comfort eating beyond all description so am getting fatter by the day.

AIBU to feel completely and utterly bloody helpless and miserable, or is this what life is all about? Is this a fucking bad run of luck or have I been remarkably goddam stupid about everything?

Euphemia Fri 07-Oct-11 18:01:29

YANBU!!!

LynetteScavo Fri 07-Oct-11 18:02:21

You have not been stupid about anything.

Shit happens to all of us.

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger.

[hugs]

ddubsgirl Fri 07-Oct-11 18:07:28

sorry for your loss op sad xxxxx

Thumbelina79 Fri 07-Oct-11 18:07:30

That is shit. Really is. Bad Luck. Have faith that it will turn around because it always does. Try to think of good stuff in your life. Good friends are usually a tonic.

susiedaisy Fri 07-Oct-11 18:10:40

You've had a shit run of things, it will pass, sending you positive thoughts!

MorelliOrRanger Fri 07-Oct-11 18:17:41

Aww OP - what a load of crap you've been through - hopefully that's the end of it and your luck will change.

Bumpsadaisie Fri 07-Oct-11 18:33:28

What an awful run of luck for you, OP. Sorry for your loss sad

We had a truly awful 2009 - everything went wrong just at the time when I was pregnant with DD and when she was a newborn.

But this year 2011 has been fantastic for us. All the things I hoped for at the start of this year have happened.

I am sure a better run of luck will be on the way for you too. smile

duvetdayplease Fri 07-Oct-11 19:36:43

Hi, YANBU, I think sometimes life dumps it all on us in one go and it makes it so hard to cope or see the good parts that there are in amongst all the stress.

I don't see that you have been stupid, looks like a lot of things have happened all at once. I bet if only one of these things had happened it would have been possible to shrug off.

I won't go on about myself on your thread but I do empathise, I had a run of two years where I thought if anything else goes wrong I am just going to explode. Finally things started turning around. It was largely just a case of luck turning.

Only advice I have is keep talking to people, keep trying to do nice things to lift the gloom and try to talk to people who will listen and not people who just say 'oh dear, do you want to cheer yourself up by looking at the pics of us all in the bahamas on our fifth holiday this year?' x

Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Fri 07-Oct-11 19:45:43

Thank you for what all of you have said.

Duvetdayplease, your comment about the holidays in the Bahamas struck a real chord! smile

When things get this bloody grim it is difficult to work out whether the feeling of misery is a rational, reasonable response or one that is out of proportion to everything else that is going on.

Thank you, everyone. I have MN permission to feel bloody miserable for a bit!

microserf Fri 07-Oct-11 19:52:03

YANBU, and if i was posting about our life in 2008, a lot of what you said would be true for us too!

Sometimes life really does suck, all the shitty things come at once. It will get better, and you will get through this. And sod all the people who might tell you to be stoic, you're definitely allowed to feel a bit miserable with all that going on! Just don't forget it will get better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now