Talk

Advanced search

to stop doing any housework

(8 Posts)
Oakmaiden Fri 07-Oct-11 16:26:40

since my children told me this morning that I would be a better mummy if I spent less time tidying up?

Not that I do spend much time on housework, but apparently any time spent on such pursuits is considered by my children to be cutting into their fun time. So I think I will just stop altogether. After all, having fun with your children is more important than a clean and tidy home, yes?

CailinDana Fri 07-Oct-11 16:30:47

Eh not sure if YABU or not really. Basic tidying and cleaning is essential for everyone to have clothes and food, but extensive cleaning is totally unnecessary IMO. You can't stop altogether but if you genuinely feel you're doing too much then definitely cut down.

FearTricksPotter Fri 07-Oct-11 16:31:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Mousey84 Fri 07-Oct-11 16:34:58

Id hand them the dustpan and brush and tell them youll have more time to play if they chip in.

MrMan Fri 07-Oct-11 16:36:52

YABU not to teach children that housework is a part of life for everyone. In fact helping me with the dishes and the laundry is some of the best fun that my 2 & 3 year olds have with me.

Oakmaiden Fri 07-Oct-11 18:12:26

Oh, they do help. They have their tasks around the house. Hm... maybe that is what they are trying to say to me... hmm

I wasn't being entirely serious with my post. My house is generally just this side of chaos, but I have been having a blitz recently in an effort to get organised. I think they prefer it when it is untidy though...

LadyThumb Fri 07-Oct-11 18:24:46

I agree with Mousy84.

EllaDee Fri 07-Oct-11 19:36:07

Tut tut. You mean you don't know the answer is to have 48 hours in the day? Shame on you! grin

If they are old enough, would you not be tempted to let it slip a little in the areas they'd notice most?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now