Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To be really embarrassed about losing cool on school run this morning?

(16 Posts)
CheesyWotzits Fri 07-Oct-11 14:35:51

DS (6) was playing up horribly, he is normally fairly well behaved but does like to push teh boundaries if he doesn't get his own way.

He kicked me and refused to walk so I had to half drag him while he kicked and screamed and said I was horrible. I lost my cool and told him I would smack his bum if he didn't stop... Aand all because I wouldn't let him ride his scooter this morning.

All the other parents saw this am I am so blush about it, aibu?

bumpybecky Fri 07-Oct-11 14:39:31

yanbu

we all have off days and I bet most of us have yelled at dc on school run at one time or another (I know I have more than once)

will you be taking the scooter so he can ride it home?

lljkk Fri 07-Oct-11 14:41:06

btdt (sigh)

MollyintheMoon Fri 07-Oct-11 14:41:48

YANBU to lose your cool, it happens to us all.

YABU to threaten to smack him.

CheesyWotzits Fri 07-Oct-11 14:41:51

No, he isn't allowed to scoot in on Monday either as he said I was 'rubbish' for not letting him scoot in this morning.

chinam Fri 07-Oct-11 14:43:22

Happened to me in the shopping centre last week. DS threw himself on the floor and kicked me in the shin. All witnessed by at least 30 people.

BOOareHaunting Fri 07-Oct-11 14:47:13

I refused to talk to DS yesterday until he had got his coat and jumper - and refused to leave until he did. In front of the office staff and some teachers.

TBF to me it was raining and he'd come out in his T-shirt hmm and I have an abcessed tooth so am in copious amounts of pain

YANBU. My DS would be lucky to see his scooter for a month if he kicked me.

KittyFane Fri 07-Oct-11 15:37:54

Agree with Boo- No scooter for kicking you and calling you 'rubbish'.
He doesn't have it this weekend or next week.
YANBU.

KittyFane Fri 07-Oct-11 15:39:36

Sorry, just read your post- yes, no scooting on Monday! grin

CoffeeDog Fri 07-Oct-11 15:46:54

I have sat in the middle of a packed shopping centre with all 3 of my kids sat on the floor agaisnt a shop window..... I got MANY a comment (TBH most were positive)

My DD has wailed out in the middle of tesco's that she hates me and is going to look for another family (i wouldnt buy her a overproced piece of tat)

most parents rarely notice unless its to think 'thank fuck its not mine this time'

NellieForbush Fri 07-Oct-11 15:52:26

Whenever I see a scene like youre describing I think "shit that will probably be me next week". Dont be blush it hapens to the best of us.

Ayoop Fri 07-Oct-11 15:54:47

Oh, have a cup of tea and stop worrying, love! \

I don't even smack my children but have been know to snarl: 'I will smack your bum in front of everyone right now if you don't stop playing up!' to my 6 yr old when he has thrown a big strop in the street before.

You are human. And I bet every single one of those parents watching you have been through similar.

WorzselMummage Fri 07-Oct-11 15:56:45

It happens to everyone, don't think about it any more and have a brew and a biscuit

Proudnreallyveryscary Fri 07-Oct-11 16:06:34

Oh honestly, don't feel bad. I had a spate of about six months where I'd yell at dd every morning. I've had other mums come up to me apologising for shouting at their kids in front of me that morning, and I've not even registered/remembered.
x

oneofthegiantsisme Fri 07-Oct-11 16:11:09

We've all been there - it is blush when it happens to you, but the rest of us understand entirely!
I did the same to my DS this week (dragged kicking & screaming to school) - and he's 9!
Have another brew - or a wine (it is the weekend, after all!).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now